jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What's the best time of day for writing for you?

1. Ken R. Abell profile image80
    Ken R. Abellposted 7 years ago

What's the best time of day for writing for you?

2. Chaotic Chica profile image69
    Chaotic Chicaposted 7 years ago

In the evening when the kids are in bed.

3. PaulaK profile image41
    PaulaKposted 7 years ago

My criteria for writing is to have no interruptions. I choose my writing time according to my schedule and the family schedule. If everyone is out of the house, I can sit down and publish a hub. Quiet is most essential to let the creative juices flow!

4. profile image0
    MaryReneeposted 7 years ago

Good question, Ken! For me, it seems to be in the night. My creative side seems to come out more at night. smile

5. melbel profile image96
    melbelposted 7 years ago

I find the best time of day for me to write a hub is later in the evening when it is quiet and I can collect my thoughts and get creative.

6. Cumbesef profile image60
    Cumbesefposted 7 years ago

Habitually, my best time to write is right after I wake up in the morning.  But the truth is, immediately after I am rested.  For many years, I attended on-line school to complete both my bachelors and masters degrees.  Because I was also working full time, I was exhausted.  I would complete what was known as class participation which consisted of writing opinions and interacting in the main classroom forum board.  However, to write a paper required more concentration and thus, more rest.  So, I would sleep from 10 pm until 2 am; get up and write my paper at that time.  The house was completely quiet and I was rested enough to be clear headed. 

It was over 1 year after I completed my education that I was able to sleep through the night uninterrupted.  Now, I wake up by 7 am and am writing by 8:00.

Happy Writing!

7. emievil profile image80
    emievilposted 7 years ago

Night time seems to be the best time for me, especially after dinner when there's no more distractions from the outside world.

8. PhoenixV profile image76
    PhoenixVposted 7 years ago

The very best time for writing Hubs for me I am finding out is early in the morning

9. lxd35 profile image59
    lxd35posted 7 years ago

Somehow I've gotten into the habit of writing after midnight. I guess when I'm too tired to function, the creative juices start flowing. I'm alone, it's quiet, no one is there to bother me and I could get lost in my story for hours.

10. dasamerman profile image76
    dasamermanposted 7 years ago

In the past, I've been able to get a lot of writing done in the wee morning hours (1-4 AM). I feel somewhat edgier at that time and it also feels as if I'm dreaming while awake (because I'm so tired). These two components combined equal writing productivity for me.

11. serenity4me profile image57
    serenity4meposted 6 years ago

In the middle of the night.  Everyone is quiet, the neighbors, the lawn equipment the animals.  It's my time.  I'm a night owl.

working