jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is the current page rank of hub-pages and the sub-domains on hub-pages?

1. rochelj profile image70
    rocheljposted 6 years ago

What is the current page rank of hub-pages and the sub-domains on hub-pages?

2. Barbara Kay profile image90
    Barbara Kayposted 6 years ago

I show a ranking of 6 for Hubpages. Each individual hubbers ranking is different because of the subdomains. The highest I've seen is a 4. Some aren't ranked.

3. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 6 years ago

I tested this last night:  Your profile is ranked higher than your hubs if ranked at all.

4. whoisbid profile image76
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

Yes it is Page Rank 6. That is very very ;low for a website of this size. My Hubpages profile page is a 3 but I don't think that it is because of Hubpages. I have a link to my Hubpages profile from my Squidoo profile which is a Page Rank 5. I believe that if I was not "helping" Hubpages like this then my profile would be a Page Rank 0.
    The way that Hubpages can increase in Page Rank is by links from outside of Hubpages with high page rank. People won't normally want to do this anymore unless they really like Hubpages. I think that a lot of people pulled their links away to Hubpages because historical data shows that it used to be a Page Rank 7. The jump from 6 to 7 is enormous and is logarithmic. This means Hubpages is kind of in the dumps right now. People who stay here and support it are their greatest assets and so they should be looking for ways to keep people happy and continue to contribute and link into the domain/subdomain. If the moderators keep flagging material that is high quality,then people are not going to link to thier Hubs or questions because they don't want to waste time amending broken links into Hubpages. I have stopped providing links to Hubpages beacause it is very inconvenient to make a contribution, link to it and then have the contribution pulled down. Surely someone needs to seriously look into this matter because it will destroy the HP page rank.

working