What are back links on hub pages?

1. jbrock2041 profile image81
    jbrock2041posted 6 years ago

What are back links on hub pages?

I've been reading through questions and answers and "back links" have been referred to. I'm new to hubpages and trying to learn as much as possible. Thanks.

2. nicregi profile image77
    nicregiposted 6 years ago

Welcome to HubPages!

Backlinks is actually linking article A to article B. This is done by offering URL in article A to link with article B. This means that increase readership and traffic. I have a few articles written about backlink and feel free to read it. Drop me an email if you need anyhelp with backlinks smile

Good luck!

3. plussize-lingerie profile image60
    plussize-lingerieposted 6 years ago

Back Links are an internet term for inbound links. So a back link to a hub page would be a link from an outside web page to the hub page.

A link out from a hub page would be a back link on the external page.

Why do they matter? One word: Google.

Google sees backlinks as incredibly important. If a page has several backlinks, ideally from different trusted websites, it knows that web page is considered worth linking to and therefore useful.

The text within the backlink matters as well, so if the text page that receives backlink is about "widgets", and the link to that page uses the word "widgets" as the link itself, then Google says "that trusted site not only trusts this webpage, it also believes it is about widgets".