jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Why don't some authors take the time to check the facts in their Hubs before pub

1. Daisy Mariposa profile image86
    Daisy Mariposaposted 6 years ago

Why don't some authors take the time to check the facts in their Hubs before publishing them?

I've read several Hubs that contain information that is incorrect. Those authors that don't check the facts in their articles before publishing them are doing a disservice to themselves and their readers.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

I agree. I try to make sure all my information is correct. Of course, sometimes it may change after publishing.

So many people also don't proofread before publishing. I have seen hubs with glaring spelling mistakes in the title months after they have been published.

3. Steve Orion profile image77
    Steve Orionposted 6 years ago

A lack of caring or of knowledge, or of both. Luckily, they typically have a lower score. (In most cases!)

4. brakel2 profile image80
    brakel2posted 6 years ago

Sometimes writers need help especially with Eng language. There are people who do this for a fee. Some may not be skilled in  research. If they cannot do this they should wait until they improve before taking on writing career. Get help, take courses or whatever they need. Being a good researcher is not easy for many people. Others may be in a hurry and not take the time. All these flaws need improvement.

5. profile image0
    no mac saladposted 6 years ago

This is a tough question, I think any answer would be speculation, as it's impossible to get into the minds of these authors. The only thing we do know is that they got it wrong. Why didn't they check is anyone's guess. But my guess would be poor workflow. From the inception to the final conclusion, somewhere along the way, "check facts" was not included.

6. whoisbid profile image76
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

The internet is filled with erroneous information. It is something that has become normal

1. profile image0
      Andre Sanchezposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Correction: The world is filled with erroneous information.

7. Sethareal profile image78
    Setharealposted 5 years ago

How is truth verified? There are different possible answers to what the facts are typically. For instance, Paul Revere only went a few miles to warn people about the British invading army. Israel Bissel went hundreds of miles and warned nearly every state. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow found it much easier to rhyme the name of Paul Revere than Israel Bissel for his poem about the event. Now everyone thinks that Paul Revere did his famous midnight ride and if you try to tell them otherwise you are considered an idiot.

"It isn't what you don't know that hurts you, it's what you know for sure that just ain't so!" --Will Rogers

My answer to your question is, maybe they think they are right?