jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Does your commentary level (GREY VS BLUE) affect your choice for leaving comment

1. jeyaramd profile image75
    jeyaramdposted 6 years ago

Does your commentary level (GREY VS BLUE) affect your choice for leaving comments.

If you are a commenter who is greater than level 7 (blue) would you be more likely to comment due to that fact alone. For great publicity of your accolades and that its easily identifiable (blue). Would that make you make less important comments. Similarly, if you are a level less than 7 (grey). Then are you less likely to comment unless you really have something very important to say. Because you don't want to publicize your level to everyone, especially when you don't have a strong comment or opinion of the hub post.

2. ttocs profile image91
    ttocsposted 6 years ago

I highly doubt that level 7 commenters comment just so other people can see their accomplishments...  None of these numbers really matter, nor does anyone really care.  People comment when they want to...

3. jeyaramd profile image75
    jeyaramdposted 6 years ago

Thank you. I posted this question so that people will appreciate that we should just comment and have our ideas out there. It really does not matter what level you are in. When you receive comments; appreciate the comment on its own value. And leave comments, because your comment has a value to other hubbers and to the hub author. Please don't hesitate in sharing comments. Another reason, why I posted this question was because, a particular hubber mentioned to me that they did not want to leave any comment unless they felt it had to be extremely insightful and useful. They wanted to wait till they get their level 7 to leave decent comments. I told that hubber to do so without worry. Thanks for your comment. It means so much.

4. wixor profile image59
    wixorposted 6 years ago

Any tag that gives a hierarchy is just a community's way of controlling it's citizens. Everyone, naturally, strives for a higher level, and behaves accordingly.

5. Rosie2010 profile image75
    Rosie2010posted 6 years ago

When Hubpages first introduced this "brilliant idea" of rating hubbers commenting levels, I got a VII level.  Woohoo!  I was over the moon.. ok to tell you the truth I didn't know what it meant.   After a few weeks, Hubpages must have said "oops Big mistake!" so now I'm down to level V, which after this post might demote me further down. lol  I love Hubpages, but this grey/blue commentary labeling is definitely unnecessary.  That said, if tomorrow (or later today), my commentary level went from blue to grey, I would kill myself... just kidding!  I would continue leaving comments to hubs that are interesting to me, regardless.

6. nicregi profile image78
    nicregiposted 6 years ago

For me, the colour doesn't affect much. I just reply when I feel that and I believe others do that too. Just my 2 cents though.

7. JohnGreasyGamer profile image84
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 5 years ago

As a "blue", I can't really say I feel different in anyway. Don't get me wrong, I love to discuss things and raise that level - it's an incentive for me, I guess. It's a personal goal to talk with much detail, and it goes to show how long Oi've been doing so.

Though just because someone has a different colour, doesn't mean they're the most reliable source. i.e - some HubPages Elite are lv.7/8 commenters, but only refer you to an FAQ? When others put their hearts into research and constructive answers, but are still lv.1s.