jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Why do majority of your followers follow you?

1. rednickle profile image81
    rednickleposted 6 years ago

Why do majority of your followers follow you?

Ok I know this might sound like a silly question but I am of the opinion that people to choose to follow you because you were following them in the first place.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5922355_f260.jpg

2. drspaniel profile image91
    drspanielposted 6 years ago

Most of my followers are from thanking me for commenting/rating their hubs, and whilst I'd like more, some of them do follow me because of my hubs!

3. ThoughtSandwiches profile image81
    ThoughtSandwichesposted 6 years ago

I should imagine that there are a number of reasons why people follow...I often follow because I am lost.  I think some follow me because they are disoriented.

4. Daniella Lopez profile image97
    Daniella Lopezposted 6 years ago

They follow me because of my sexy pin up avatars... No, no, well some might, lol. I actually don't follow most of my followers. I only follow back if they have interesting articles. So I can only hope that my followers are actually following me because they enjoy what I write.

5. Danette Watt profile image84
    Danette Wattposted 6 years ago

I would hope they are following me on HP because they enjoy reading what I write, or at least enough of my hubs to make it worth their while to open the link when they get a notification I've published a new hub.

I'm sure there are a few people who are following me just because I'm following them or they hoped I would follow them.

6. jacqui2011 profile image85
    jacqui2011posted 6 years ago

I would hope that they follow me because they are interested in what I have to write. I follow other hubbers because I liked what I read from them. I never just follow another hubber because they follow me.

7. Felixedet2000 profile image57
    Felixedet2000posted 6 years ago

People follow those they do because they find their site and article interesting and worthy of keeping tabs on: This is the most important reason why we get followed.

8. harrist profile image61
    harristposted 6 years ago

you can said is as a tactic smile cause as far as I know if your follower writes new article, they will send you a notification via email smile that's why I never folowing anyone! cause I am affraid they will felt disturb with my articles big_smile lol

9. Glenn Stok profile image99
    Glenn Stokposted 6 years ago

It's unfortunate that some people feel they need to follow other people just to get them to follow back. Not only is that useless, but it will also pull down your Hubber score. The purpose of following is for one main reason, to be notified when someone you're following has published a new Hub. It is a known fact from people who have posted in the forum about their experiences, that if they never read any of the hubs of the people they follow, their Score drops.

I only follow people when I have an interest in the subjects they write about. I never follow people just because they follow me unless I found a Hub or two of theirs that I liked, and I want to read more.

Yes I will check out their list of Hubs when they follow me. And if I like something, I'll read it. Then I'll be able to make an intelligent decision to follow them or not, based on true subject matter and not for building useless lists.

working