jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is the point of tracking the hub owner's viewing of their own pages?

1. UnnamedHarald profile image96
    UnnamedHaraldposted 6 years ago

What is the point of tracking the hub owner's viewing of their own pages?

I don't care how many times I see my pages; sometimes I want to view the stats or just reread it as others see it. But I also don't want to see inflated counts-- I just want to see how many others have viewed them.

2. Max Dalton profile image91
    Max Daltonposted 6 years ago

I agree completely. If anyone knows how I can tell the system to ignore my own page views, that would be awesome. From the discussions I've seen in the HP forums regarding this issue, I don't think this is possible.

3. relache profile image90
    relacheposted 6 years ago

If you want more specific stats that don't include your own views, use Analytics.  HubPages set up the stats here to be very basic, and have said from the start that they recommend users use Analytics for more detailed information.

4. brakel2 profile image81
    brakel2posted 6 years ago

A forum thread explains how to remove your computer from views in Google Adsense. I believe Website Examiner explained it. I followed the instructions successfully. You have to enter Ip number

5. Keerthy profile image59
    Keerthyposted 6 years ago

Analytics will be the good idea, It will tell you the exact count.

Android Phones - Know Why They Are So Popular

6. courtlneygdtm profile image79
    courtlneygdtmposted 6 years ago

I agree about the inefficiency and waste of time (to me) in seeing my own page views for my own hubs.   I think hubpages should provide an option to include or exclude your own page views from the numbers.

7. watergeek profile image97
    watergeekposted 4 years ago

I like knowing. I think the totals include my own views, so when I'm checking the views of others, I want to know how many are mine and how many came from elsewhere.