jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

I saw a hubber once with only 3 or 4 hubs yet over 500 followers. how is this po

1. tlmcgaa70 profile image77
    tlmcgaa70posted 6 years ago

I saw a hubber once with only 3 or 4 hubs yet over 500 followers. how is this possible?

2. Max Dalton profile image89
    Max Daltonposted 6 years ago

I bet that hubber was very active in the forums.

3. Credence2 profile image81
    Credence2posted 6 years ago

You know, I have always wondered about this. There are many that follow anybody whose name they can identify and there will be a percentage that reciprocate and follow them. That is what many of them bank on and how you can rack up large numbers. I am on  the timid side and do not like to impose. I want my work to speak for itself and while I hope to make some money, I've resigned myself to the fact that I will not get rich here. Quality over quantity, even though the heavens may fall. There can be no greater complement than having the work you publish actually read and considered by others.

4. profile image0
    Emerald Strachanposted 6 years ago

There might be many reasons why a person has many followers

(1) They follow a lot of people who follow them back
    (2) they are very active  commentors and leave very insightful comments on other hubs so people like them and follow them
    (3) they are very active in the community so people follow them
    (4) Even though they don't have much hubs people like the quality of their hubs

5. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

I've thought about that as well sometimes and I would think that even although they only have a few hubs, a lot of people probably really liked them. I think as well, that this person might have one of these really interesting and warm personalities that just attract folks to them. They probably also follow a lot of people in return. But all this is just guess work there might be other reasons as well.

6. Millionaire Tips profile image93
    Millionaire Tipsposted 6 years ago

In addition to what the other people said, it is also possible that the hubber has removed many of their hubs.

working