jump to last post 1-21 of 21 discussions (21 posts)

Are you more likely to read hubs with a higher hub score?

1. Millionaire Tips profile image92
    Millionaire Tipsposted 6 years ago

Are you more likely to read hubs with a higher hub score?

Does a hub score matter to you when you decide which ones to read?

2. davenmidtown profile image88
    davenmidtownposted 6 years ago

I am more likely to read hubs that are interesting to me.

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

Nope.  If the hub is brand new it might not have a high score.  How do I know when I see a hub from my stream if it's new or old?

For this reason - an individual hub's score is irrelevant to me as a reader.

4. Nancy Owens profile image96
    Nancy Owensposted 6 years ago

It depends. I usually begin reading if the subject interests me. I keep reading if it holds my attention. I do like to hub hop and when I do, I try to spend time reading the lower scored hubs, to support other new Hubbers:)

5. lobobrandon profile image90
    lobobrandonposted 6 years ago

I read hubs with catchy titles.. They don't have to be fancy but should be on a topic I'm interested in.

6. Victoria Lynn profile image91
    Victoria Lynnposted 6 years ago

I agree with davenmidtown. I hardly even look at the hub score. I'll look at the hubber's score before the hub score but even then everything is so unpredictable. I like hubs that interest me. That's it.

7. daleamy profile image74
    daleamyposted 6 years ago

Not at all. I decide based on the title. When I do read it, I notice the Hubber's score before the Hub's score, but both are irrelevant if I find the hub interesting.

8. everymom profile image75
    everymomposted 6 years ago

Hi, I'm too new to really understand, and, therefore, to care about, hub scores. Like davenmidtown and others who answered this question, I tend to read hubs that interest me overall. If I see a hub written by a newbie hubber, I then try to make cogent comments and give a thumbs up or other feedback whenever I can.
    daleamy summed it up best in the comment above mine!

9. AliceFSpencer profile image59
    AliceFSpencerposted 6 years ago

I read hubs that catch my eye I don't look at scores ~

10. WritingItUp profile image71
    WritingItUpposted 6 years ago

Nope. Will read as long as there's a title of interest to me.

11. truthfornow profile image83
    truthfornowposted 6 years ago

No, I read the ones that show up on my feed that seem interesting.  And, sometimes I search for a topic and read those hubs.

12. lucybell21 profile image81
    lucybell21posted 6 years ago

No. I don't pay attention to hub scores. I just read what I want to read. I don't feel a score is an overly big deal. Thats just me.

13. Kathleen Cochran profile image82
    Kathleen Cochranposted 6 years ago

I habitually read the latest hubs regardless of their score.

14. mpoche4 profile image81
    mpoche4posted 6 years ago

Not necessarily- sometimes hubs start off with lower scores, so it may not be a determining factor of their content.  I have found that, generally, hubbers with higher scores have more interesting hubs that people are reading though.

15. Slightly Bonkers profile image57
    Slightly Bonkersposted 6 years ago

At the beginning I was very upset about this rating system and very stressed out about it now I simply don't care. I only read what interests me and sometimes the article is quite interesting however the rating low... never understood and never will understand this system.

16. profile image0
    KatrineDalMonteposted 6 years ago

NO! I am normally sold by the hub TITLE :-)

17. grandmapearl profile image87
    grandmapearlposted 6 years ago

I totally look at the title.  If that catches my eye and interest, that's all that matters.  I worried about hub scores at first as well.  But I soon decided that didn't necessarily reflect the quality of the hub, so I ignore the score now.

18. BlossomSB profile image91
    BlossomSBposted 6 years ago

Definitely not. It's the topic that catches the eye, so I think that is a good lesson for all of us Newbies: we should try and choose our titles with care.

19. hazelwood4 profile image75
    hazelwood4posted 6 years ago

I read Hubs that appeal to me, and I don't pay much attention to the Hub score either.

20. tirelesstraveler profile image82
    tirelesstravelerposted 6 years ago

I read hubs that look interesting.  Sometimes I wonder why they have the scores they have. The title is more important than the score.

21. Ealair profile image61
    Ealairposted 6 years ago

I make a habit of reading the latest hubs that have an interesting topic/title regardless of the hubscore. Not that there is anythign wrong with a good score. I turn to higher hub scores if I'm looking for research, but for pleasure reading, I like to see what people are thinking about "right now".

working