jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Why do people write articles on hubpages whereas there's a plethora of blogging

1. maxoxam41 profile image75
    maxoxam41posted 6 years ago

Why do people write articles on hubpages whereas there's a plethora of blogging services?

Since Hubpages is not a platform where the people communicate freely their opinion, where is the point of fattening the little pig?

2. profile image0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 6 years ago

This is NOT a blog site. This is a site for articles in the same way that a magazine and/or newspaper writes articles. A blog is NOT an article. A blog is the story of your personal life. An article is  an informative piece of information that people are searching for on the Internet.

An example would be that nobody is going to search for maxoxam41. They don't know you and have never heard of you, and they have no reason to be interested in  your opinion about anything.

On the other hand, if you wrote an article about how coco cola dissolved teeth or how researchers documented the human genome, etc. then there are millions of people on the web searching for this kind of information.

If you want a blogging site, try blogger or word press. Hub Pages is not a blogging site.

1. VeritaLiberatore7 profile image59
      VeritaLiberatore7posted 5 years agoin reply to this

No sorry yes its a blogging site. Or if not in the beginning it surely is now!

3. Joe Macho profile image95
    Joe Machoposted 6 years ago

I started here at hubpages because I was new to online writing. It gave me the freedom to dip the feet in the water and try writing about whatever I wanted. Blogs just felt to personal, but now as I move along it's starting to look like a step forward. Either way, you're fattening some little pig.

4. WD Curry 111 profile image60
    WD Curry 111posted 6 years ago

I'm an old goat who is new to active participation on the net, sort of. This is probably one of the best places to start. Someone like me, with plenty of print experience can feel right at home with the format. We used Quark in the old days.

The interactive, multi-media magazine format is the wave of the future, and we are already dropping in on it. The "community" setting is stimulating for the creative mind, experienced or not. You will not have a blockage for long around here. I have learned so much about networking, back-linking, SEO, generating traffic, etc. (here in one place) in 90 days, than I have in two years of putzing around on my own.

There is income potential, and many seem to have realized it. I don't have much traffic, because I have never even tried to get involved with any form of social media. This seems like a masquerade flea market to me. That notwithstanding, I can sense an opportunity. I am a freelance artist and writer. I need to make a living and work has become scarce. I can set up a blog, gallery site, and other places (like Facebook) and link there from here, No matter how far I go with my endeavors, I will probably always come here.

Besides, it is free!

5. danielleantosz profile image73
    danielleantoszposted 6 years ago

I agree with some of the other comments.  This is not a blogging site, the articles that do best are tutorials and information based.  Plus, I like the built in feed back from other writers on the site.

working