When I reply to a comment on one of my hubs, can my reply be seen by others if I

1. Healthy Pursuits profile image93
    Healthy Pursuitsposted 6 years ago

When I reply to a comment on one of my hubs, can my reply be seen by others if I don't moderate it?

If I respond to someone who has commented on one of my hubs, and I go back to look at the hub again, I'm asked to moderate my own comment. Can others see my comment if I don't remember to go back and "moderate" it? It would be nice if HubPages could let us know more precisely how our replies work.  I understand the part about moderating others' comments, but I am careful about my replies and I'm not sure if they're being seen.

2. FloraBreenRobison profile image60
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 6 years ago

Yes, everyone can see your comment. There is no way to actually allow only some people to see your comment but not others. Either everyone can see your comment, or the comment is hidden from everyone but you. I am not sure why we do not have the option of deleting the comment completely so that even we can cannot see our own comments that we do not want to be visible. I have found that in retrospect, I have sometimes revealed too much in my comments and want them to be deleted totally so I am not reminded of them. It is easy enough to ask the author of another hub to delete your comments if you want them deleted, though.

working