jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What makes a hub score fall?

1. TripleAMom profile image86
    TripleAMomposted 6 years ago

What makes a hub score fall?

I am new to Hubpages as of this week and was happy to see my hubscore increase regularly over the last few days, but today it started falling a few points.  I am trying to follow advice and make comments and hub hop, etc.  Why do the scores fall WITH activity?

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

You need to publish some more hubs to get a higher score at a sustainable level. At least 6 hubs in total should help.

3. Seeker7 profile image94
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

Hi there and a very warm welcome to Hub Pages.

I wouldn't worry about the hub score going up and down. I've published 40+ hubs and have been here for over a year and my hub score still goes up and down like a yoyo! I also make comments, hub hop and so on, but it can still go down a few points and then it goes back up again.

I think as well, with me at least, the hub scores seem to be behind a day or more. For example, I've maybe been on Hub Pages doing a lot of activity on a Monday and Tuesday, not so much on Wednesday or Thursday. My hub score doesn't go up on the Monday or Tuesday, but shoots up on the Thursday and back down on the Friday??? Why it works like this I have no idea. But just keep on doing what you are doing - questions, following, hub-hopping, commenting etc. and your score will steadily go up even if it slides back one or two points.

4. J.S.Matthew profile image81
    J.S.Matthewposted 6 years ago

Hello TripleAMom!

HubScores and HubberScore are calculated by an algorithm and will go up and down based on a variety of factors. To learn more about how the scores are calculated, follow this article from the HubPages Learning Center:  http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/hubs … bber-score

Hope this helps!

JSMatthew~

working