jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Are my hubs too personal?

1. nina64 profile image82
    nina64posted 6 years ago

Are my hubs too personal?

Is it better to write hubs based on personal experiences or broad topics that everyone can relate to?

2. CassyLu1981 profile image83
    CassyLu1981posted 6 years ago

I write about personal experiances.  It's easier for me to write a full truthfull hub with plenty of tips, tricks, photos, etc if I have had the experiance of what I am writing about.  Is it better to write this way???  I'm not sure.  Broad topics are of course viewed by more people.  I guess it depends on what you are on HubPages for.  I just enjoy writing and getting feedback on all my hubs.  I'd like to know more opinions on this topic though!

3. billybuc profile image88
    billybucposted 6 years ago

If your hubs are too personal then I have serious problems. smile I guess it depends on what your purpose is; I didn't start with hub pages to make money but rather to have a forum to write in that would garner comments and critques.  I am quite satisfied writing about what interests me.  In the case of my articles about being al alcoholic....I wrote them to purge myself but also to help others out there who may be affected by this disease.  It don't get much more personal than those articles and I found them to be necessary.  I would love to see you continue to write about personal matters as I find your writing to be refreshing and very good.

4. BlossomSB profile image93
    BlossomSBposted 6 years ago

If it's something that you have experienced, then it is likely that other people have had similar experiences and can relate well to your writing. Also, when we go through something especially exciting, horrid or whatever, it impacts on our emotions and so we can write about it, or a similar story, with more feeling and connection. Good question!

working