How Often do you Write Hubs

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (27 posts)
  1. NanahoChan profile image60
    NanahoChanposted 9 years ago

Just out of curiosity I would like to know how often you guys write hubs, once a day? A week? A month?

I used to write one every other day, but after summer ended and I got busier I know plan to write 2-3 hubs on the weekends (once on friday, sat, and sunday).

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image92
      Phyllis Doyleposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I am always working on a hub due to the heavy research I do. However, I publish about every 3 days on average. Sometimes it is less, like every 4 or 5 days that I publish -- yet I rarely go over one week unless I am on vacation.

NanahoChanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I've been going over 1 week because of how busy I am after going back to studies, now I'm guilt tripping. Oops.

2. Pawpawwrites profile image61
      Pawpawwritesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'm going to make an effort to do one a week, but sometimes I know I will be too busy. The hard part for me, is coming up with what subject I want to write about.

3. OldRoses profile image93
      OldRosesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I can only write on weekends but I'm trying to consistently write 2 each week, 1 on Saturday and 1 on Sunday.  Good question.  I'm glad to see that not everyone is incredibly prolific.  I get intimidated by some of the people on this site.

I promised myself to do 2 this weekend, but I got swamped with other work x.x. Next weekend I swear!

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

Depends on my mood.  I took a long hiatus and didn't write anywhere. It also depends on my ideas, how fast I can decide how I am going to write about my idea as well as the difficulty in getting it together just right.

3. Mark Ewbie profile image82
    Mark Ewbieposted 9 years ago

3 this year.  8 or so last year.

Probably not quite enough to make my fortune.

edit: Less each year basically. Panda took the fun out of it for me.  Plus QAP doesn't suit my 'style'.

4. Jayne Lancer profile image92
    Jayne Lancerposted 9 years ago

I publish in bursts and bouts--five hubs one month, none at all for three months, then ten another month. It depends on my workload: I'm ghostwriting two novels right now, so no time at all for hubs.

5. Michael Kismet profile image92
    Michael Kismetposted 9 years ago

I had a goal in mind to write one every day until the year was over, needless to say, that all fell apart pretty quickly.  smile 

Additionally, reading through so many other Hubbers fantastic articles, I find myself second guessing the writing caliber I previously thought I possessed.  I have been throughly humbled, in terms of having confidence in what I write.

6. mdgardner profile image92
    mdgardnerposted 9 years ago

I do one sometimes two a month. I wanted to do more but my work schedule is too busy.

7. littlething profile image93
    littlethingposted 9 years ago

I try for about once a week, between work and school. There are times I don't succeed, or have hubs written, like now, but don't have the time to actually publish them.

8. My Bell profile image94
    My Bellposted 9 years ago

I'm averaging about 5-6 per month but am just getting started with 16 hubs and under 3 months since I joined. Now that the kids are back in school though, I've started several but need to finish them all up. I have so many ideas to write about now so like to get them started. I'll spend the next month now finishing those up. I have a ton of Fall recipes to publish too.

Wow, that's great that you've gotten the time to write so many! My plan fell apart after summer ended...

9. Suzanne Day profile image94
    Suzanne Dayposted 9 years ago

I average about 1 per fortnight. I think about my next hub day and night but always too busy to sit and think with it. When it gets beyond the point of annoying because I have thought too much and done nothing, then I create it.

But sometimes I get a spree going and will write 3 in a week. Depends on how energetic I am!

10. RandallJonas profile image70
    RandallJonasposted 9 years ago

I am glad this was asked. I was wondering this too. I hope one a week is enough. I wrote 10 in a week but that will kill me!

11. profile image0
    Snakesmumposted 9 years ago

How often do I write hubs?   Can't really answer that, as I've just joined from Squidoo, but over there, it was whenever I had the idea and the motivation.    Sometimes there will be two in progress at the same time, other times, no ideas, so it's a bit spasmodic.

12. hazelbrown profile image84
    hazelbrownposted 9 years ago

I stopped writing for a long while, but in the past few weeks I've published a handful. It was fun, but it was really time consuming. I'm not sure I want to bother with HubPages unless I can make a substantial amount of money... let's say $250/month, eventually.... but will that ever happen? That's my wonder. I don't want to publish a few Hubs every week for a year to continue making my $13/month. What do you guys think? How much do you need to earn in order to make your time worthwhile?

I try not to think about money, I just tell myself that eventually this will all be worth it! Hopefully I can start making at least a $100 a month, but that's a long way away.

13. Baby-Boomer-58 profile image72
    Baby-Boomer-58posted 9 years ago

Not supposed to mention specific earnings, hazelbrown. For my part, I'd been finding it hard to get inspired ... until another hubber I know made 231 Amazon sales on one day. That's got my attention. I'll be writing lots of hubs very soon.

14. electronician profile image78
    electronicianposted 9 years ago

I find it is very hard to keep up any kind of regular routine of writing a certain number of hubs. Its not that I don't have the time, its just that I run out of ideas about what to write. Then a new topic or idea hits me and I'll publish several per week for as long as it takes me to run out of inspiration again, then I might not publish anything for a month or more.

15. goatfury profile image91
    goatfuryposted 9 years ago

I personally think every other day is perfect.  Keep in mind that I only have 26 hubs so far (hopefully soon to be 27), so I've only been able to maintain this pace for about a month and a half so far, but I tend to write a lot, so I'm not really too worried about it.

16. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 9 years ago

When I first started Hubbing a few years ago, I tried to keep to a "schedule" of at least one new post per week. After awhile it turned into one per month. Now after three years, it's whenever the heck I have time/feel like it.

17. stuff4kids profile image60
    stuff4kidsposted 9 years ago

I know there are folks here who can write several hubs a week. However, with research, writing, design and formatting, choosing good, lisensed pics and vids etc. it takes me about a week to do one, given my other duties.  And I don't always manage that.

If I write about whatever interests me I can pull off a good featured hub in 2 hours, try to just go with the flow, it helps, although this is just advice from a newbie hubber haha!

18. Brie Hoffman profile image59
    Brie Hoffmanposted 9 years ago

I was publishing 2 or 3 a week but I'm doing a series now so I am publishing everyday.

That's cool! I started a series too, just near the end of summer, but it's been kind of on hiatus since I got busy, I'll probably start posting once the long weekend starts though!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)