jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

How do I get my commenter score to go up?

1. Mekenzie profile image83
    Mekenzieposted 6 years ago

How do I get my commenter score to go up?

I have been actively commenting on hubs.  My comments are never brief but carefully thought out and detailed.  I don't understand why my commenter score is only a three.  Can you help give me some insight?

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Level 3 seems rather low. There is no way of knowing as the score is not transparent. If you have been actively commenting for some time, and assuming that you have not had a lot of your comments denied, I would contact HubPages directly and ask politely if they are willing to review the situation.

Mekenzieposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I did contact them and they did increase it.  Thank YOU!

2. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That's great! I can see that. Thanks for letting me know.

3. Pollyannalana profile image86
    Pollyannalanaposted 6 years ago

I have been a level 8 for many months and was lowered to a 7 and when I complained I went back up but now I am down again and am very active, use better grammar and punctuation than many other level 8s who have not been lowered and feel I do not deserve the drop but who knows any whys. They change so often and everyone has a different opinion, and there could not be a certain set of rules for everyone to go by or we wouldn't ask these questions. Someone will be by though with one we can't argue with even if we know it is no true answer.

Mekenzieposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Pollyanna, I did not know your score could also lower.  That is strange huh?  If you resolve it, come back and tell us about it okay.  Thanks!

4. Stephanie Henkel profile image96
    Stephanie Henkelposted 6 years ago

I don't know the definitive answer, and perhaps I'm not correct,  but here are some thoughts I've had on the subject.

If you comment on the work of people you are following, I think it helps your score.

If you go Hub Hopping, make comments on new writing, vote up or down or flag bad hubs that it helps HubPages, and this might have some effect on our commenter score.

Very short comments like "great hub" or "I like it!" are not really helpful to anyone.

I think that detailed comments are only helpful if they reference the author's hub, not if they are used to relate a long personal experience. (Although that may be interesting!)

Does it help to share other people's work? I suspect that it might.

Putting a link in your comment will make it look like spam.

Take the above for what it's worth.  I like to read and comment on other hubs, but in the grand scheme of things, I'm not sure how much our commenter score really matters.

working