jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do you become a good commenter?

1. kayyluh profile image77
    kayyluhposted 6 years ago

How do you become a good commenter?

I would love to know how to become a better commenter! I have no idea how people earn awards for that stuff, I comment quite often and always answer questions. I am just wondering how you can get better and possibly be at least a level one commenter smile thanks for the help!

2. Capedium profile image77
    Capediumposted 6 years ago

There are no secrets.. You just have to be real and true to what you are commenting... Don't just comment, read, absorb the Hub and comment on what you feel the Hub has thought you, or how much it means to you.. That is basically it, just speak your mind!

3. kayyluh profile image77
    kayyluhposted 6 years ago

Thanks Capedium! Your answer was very helpful I will try it out and hopefully I can soon become a level commenter.

4. kgala0405 profile image82
    kgala0405posted 6 years ago

I'm not sure if HubPages told anyone how to be a better commenter.  I think they created the ranks to encourage people to make comments, rather than just read hubs.

My best guess, is that you need to have people vote your comments up using the green arrows near your comment.  The more votes the better your doing.  Most people vote for comments that provide more information on the topic or comments that provide unique insight.

Basically, if you write "Nice Hub, it was interesting." you won't get voted for, so you'll have to take your comments to the next level.