jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Have you become a better writer after joining hubpages?

1. rajan jolly profile image88
    rajan jollyposted 6 years ago

Have you become a better writer after joining hubpages?

After how much time did you feel a difference?

2. hungry-bags profile image59
    hungry-bagsposted 6 years ago

Yes, I have improved my writing skills...

3. lorenmurcia profile image86
    lorenmurciaposted 6 years ago

In my early days as a hubber, it took me a week or more to finish writing a hub. But as I submit more hubs, writing becomes easier for me. So, I guess joining Hubpages has helped me become a better writer.IMO.

4. Mark Ewbie profile image88
    Mark Ewbieposted 6 years ago

I have improved a lot since joining.  I express myself more clearly and with more thought as to the poor person trying to read my sentences.  I find that I have to edit my work less, because it tends to be more often right first time.

As regards "internet writing" which is different to offline writing, and putting articles together - I have also improved.  But instead of taking less time to create something I now take more time to create something better.

An article is forever.  Each article you write is against your name.  Therefore I believe it is worth making each one the best you can do.

5. sidds123450 profile image68
    sidds123450posted 6 years ago

Yes, writing skills have improved considerably.

6. Faceless39 profile image94
    Faceless39posted 6 years ago

If you really work at writing, and each time you write you learn something new, then yes, you become a better writer.  I feel like I've come out of my shell a lot more since writing on HP, and that I've gone from purely a scientific approach to writing to something more personable.  As for how much time before I felt a difference, it's a little bit each time I write a hub.  Over time that adds up nicely!

7. Capedium profile image76
    Capediumposted 6 years ago

Yes, I have, I have become a better and more matured writer.. After publishing my 10th Hub!

8. Laura Matkin profile image75
    Laura Matkinposted 6 years ago

Just knowing my article was going to be read by others was enough to make my writing better from the start.   I believe my writing and vocabulary have gotten increasingly better with each Hub I have written.

working