jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is it true that you only need to make 3 backlinks a day?

1. rob_allen profile image85
    rob_allenposted 6 years ago

Is it true that you only need to make 3 backlinks a day?

Is it true that you only need to make 3 backlinks a day? Or else your links will be considered a spam?

2. Bretsuki profile image79
    Bretsukiposted 6 years ago

I believe the general advice is to build backlinks slowly.

I personally only put three or four links from my own work to any individual piece of my work. My reason is not fear of having web crawlers signal spam. It is because adding too many backlinks to ones own work gets very complex if you try to link everything.

For that reason I's suggest only backlinking pages that are closely related  in a topic area. But only one a day and spread the linking session over several days/

3. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 6 years ago

Yes you want to build your backlinks slowly and gradually over time.  If you do it too fast your links will be more likely to be tagged as spam and you'll lose rank - or worst case scenario, your site can be banned in Google search results etc. 

If you build your links slowly and steadily you'll see it pay off down the line.  I agree with Bresuki too on linking to similar themed items.  For example I don't link metaphysical hubs to my gardening site etc.  Choose themes that complement one another.

4. CrescentSkies profile image88
    CrescentSkiesposted 6 years ago

Not exactly true no. As I mention in my hub the number isn't the huge factor with search crawlers, it's consistency.

If you consistently make 100 backlinks a day, every day, for a month, the search crawler won't flag it as spam. However if you make 100 backlinks today, 5 tomorrow, 0 for a few days, a thousand next week, etc. The search crawler will notice the inconsistency and flag your site for link spam.

5. D22314 profile image77
    D22314posted 6 years ago

Makes sense, and it's the main reason why a lot of the automated back link builders don't work; they do your backlinks all at once. Trust me when I say that slow backlinking is always better than massive amounts, especially since Panda.

6. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image96
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

Who says you have to make ANY backlinks on any day?

Oh, you should certainly do some backlinking...but if I felt that I had to bother with making some amount of backlinks every single day for everything I publish on this site and others.....I'd be singing "take this gig, and shove it."

Thing is, truly great content doesn't need backlinks...at least not many.  You can do five to ten good backlinks on the day you publish something, and then never ever ever think about backlinking it again if it's good content.