jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

If I link to the profile of another Hubpagers ...

1. makemoneyonline profile image55
    makemoneyonlineposted 9 years ago

... will it count as if I was linking to one of his article ?

1. kpfingaz profile image71
      kpfingazposted 9 years ago in reply to this

What?

2. Marisa Wright profile image96
    Marisa Wrightposted 9 years ago

I assume you're trying to take advantage of the referral?   

I'm not really sure of the value of the referral to other people's Hubs, given you only get the benefit for a couple of hours.  The amount of traffic I'd get in two hours isn't worth mentioning!  I'm not going to bother with it unless I can build up enough traffic volume to make it worthwhile.

1. darkside profile image80
      darksideposted 9 years ago in reply to this

The traffic (or the tracking effects) doesn't stop after two hours. I think you're confusing it with being the second referrer.

If you send traffic to another persons hub, one in ten visitors will see ads that are associated to your Publisher ID (And Amazon Associate ID and whatever it is for Ebay). For as long as people keep clicking on that link.

Once they've clicked through, you "own" them for 30 days. If they sign up within 30 days, they're credited to you. So you get around 1 in 10 pageviews of the LIFE of their hubs.

The two hours is the window of opportunity any one else gets if they're not the first referrer.

So getting back to what makemoneyonline asked, "will it count as if I was linking to one of their article"? I think it would. Sort of.

There are Adsense ads on author profile pages. But I can't image there'd be a great amount of click thru's on those.

But if you're referring someone and you're the first, the 30 day cookie will be set for you. So if someone were to sign up with the next 30 days, you get the referral.

So the referral links work whether it's a hubpage, profile page, homepage, sign up page and even a forum thread.

3. Marisa Wright profile image96
    Marisa Wrightposted 9 years ago

Thanks darkside, that's clearer now.  I do always include my tracker when I'm linking to someone else's Hub, though I didn't think it was doing me any good!

1. darkside profile image80
      darksideposted 9 years ago in reply to this

You never know when someone makes that decision to sign up.

And then fingers crossed that they do start making hubs.

And toes crossed that they're quality ones!

working