jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you think hubbers help others with problems in forum and build confidence in

1. brakel2 profile image80
    brakel2posted 6 years ago

Do you think hubbers help others with problems in forum and build confidence in their peers

2. Sapphireid profile image68
    Sapphireidposted 6 years ago

Hello there Brakel2,

I'll provide the first answer to your question. I don't think, I know, as I am an active writer with HubPages being one of my avenues of communication and outreach with my writing.

So, my answer would be categorized as a: Yes! Some hubbers help others with issues, concerns, editing tips of their hubs and other uplifting measures as well. This is a good question to ask! As a frequent commentator on HubPages, I have helped others, with grace.

Best regards.

Sapphireid

3. Hubpage Gal profile image61
    Hubpage Galposted 6 years ago

I experienced an unpleasant episode on the Hubpage forum that got me back to focusing on why I became joined as a member.  There are helpful hubbers but on if the subject gets off topic as it often does, the dialogue could lead to a stressful situation as in most forums where there is not a face to face conversation.

4. gregas profile image81
    gregasposted 6 years ago

I believe she was refering to the fact that when someone asks a question or posts a statement, do the answers and comments they get back help. I have been helped in many ways on hubs, myself, and although I don't have that much experience writing, I do offer help wherever I can. As far as forums and questions, I hope they do usually help, at least until some smart*** comes in and starts something and throughs things off subject. My opinion, Greg

5. cyoung35 profile image85
    cyoung35posted 6 years ago

I know that the comments left on my hubs have helped me to write better in the future. Even if it's critisism I don't take it personally, I just use it as a learning experience for the next hub I write.

6. hoteltravel profile image70
    hoteltravelposted 6 years ago

I was fortunate to meet some wonderful human beings in Hubpages who are willing to go the extra mile to feel newcomers comfortable. However, my few visits to the Forum here made me wonder why I joined this community. Even in Q&A section, I see nasty comments. Many use their vote as a tool to get back at people who do not agree with them. May be that is how online communities work. This is my first experience. On my part, I try to answer questions and comments sincerely.

7. MojoDawg profile image61
    MojoDawgposted 6 years ago

I have reserved my involvement in the forums just based on the negativity I see from one hubber to another; we all need positive encouragement and constructive educating, and I see little or none of that happening in the forum. It may be a place to openly state your views but that is not always good when someone takes that as a personal attack.

You may see something different, but that is my take so far. I don't see it helping my CHI, now engaging comments; "that's a horse of another color".
    My thoughts, for what it's worth. Blessings:smile

working