jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Is it difficult to make money on hubpages?

1. purewater26 profile image60
    purewater26posted 6 years ago

Is it difficult   to make money on hubpages?

What make me wonder is I have a small blog with Blogger as its platform. I had 10-14 articles in less than a month and put Adsense in the blog. And there were few clicks on Adsense in less than a month.

Why does it seem more difficult to generate money from my Hubpages than from my small blog even it's only for few cents? I have been here for 6 months and have around 20 articles.

Can you share your experiences about this topic?

Just so you know, I promote my hubpages more than the small blog.

2. WordPlay profile image62
    WordPlayposted 6 years ago

It's not hard to make money with HubPages -- if you know how to do it and put in the effort. There are a lot of things to know, though; way too many to list here.

I wrote a very detailed hub about making money with hubs, which you might find helpful. You can access it by clicking on my user name and then on the link on my profile page.

You can also consult the HubPages library under the "help" link at the top of the site. It has a lot of good info.

Best of luck. :-)

3. Goody5 profile image71
    Goody5posted 6 years ago

A lot of people, like me are just here for fun & relaxation. When you start mixing up money with it, all the fun soon goes away.

1. Virginia Lea profile image80
      Virginia Leaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I disagree with that. Why not make money for things you love doing?

4. purewater26 profile image60
    purewater26posted 6 years ago

WordPlay and Goody5, thanks for your answers.

5. breastpumpreviews profile image81
    breastpumpreviewsposted 6 years ago

I've been here for a little over a month.  I have 13 hubs and Ice made a little over 5.00.  I picked topics that are about decisions I've made, content for my other site, and story about my mom.  Puck topics your passionate about and go from there.  I do back like and share most of my posts on my Facebook. 

Backlinking is very important.  And ensuring that your articles are written with keywords in mind.  Use google adwords for your keyword tool.

6. Sharicey profile image61
    Shariceyposted 5 years ago

I know that this answer might be kind of late but I just came across this question today and thought I might share my opinion. If you're still hanging in there with hubpages this is my answer...

I suspect that per-click you're gonna get a lot less money on hubpages than your blog. Hubpages acts as the middleman who needs to get his slice of the pie or money before we as hubbers get our money. I don't know this as a fact but I suspect this is how hubpages works. Combined with the amount of effort it takes to generate a consistent flow of traffic and money I would say it is difficult to make money on hubpages. However its still worth being a hubber.

If your goal is to make money quickly it will be frustrating but if money is not your motivating force it can be a great learning experience and eventually you will make some money.

It all depends on how you measure your success. I have been on here for a year but I gave up and ignored it for months because I didn't make money quick and I didn't have time. Now that I have some time to devote to it and I'm not focused on money, I am finding it to be a great learning experience. I think its helping me become a better writer while allowing me to implement inbound marketing/social media marketing tactics that I study.