jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Three powers: invisibility, time travel, and shape-shifting. Which would you cho

1. CM Sullivan profile image79
    CM Sullivanposted 6 years ago

Three powers: invisibility, time travel, and shape-shifting. Which would you choose and why?

You can choose one of three powers: The power to turn invisible and visible at will, the power to travel to the past and present at will, the power to shape change into any person or animal and back at will. Which power would you choose and why? What are some of the things you would do with this power?

2. m0rd0r profile image70
    m0rd0rposted 6 years ago

Time travel.

First I will make few historical monsters extinct (Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini ...)

And then, if I am ever born - I will fix all my life in such a way, that I will never need to work. (It just takes one bank account filled with money at my birth)

And then the fun begins big_smile

I will go around fixing stuff until the time travel police catches me wink

3. JamaGenee profile image83
    JamaGeneeposted 6 years ago

m0rd0r, I'm all for arranging a fat bank account to access at birth! Heck, yeah!  So I'd have to choose time travel, too, although invisibility would be fun in certain situations (but not as much fun as going around fixing stuff!). And I'm sure there's a way to totally avoid the time travel police.   

Another reason I'd choose time travel is I have a lonnnnggg list of people now dead I'd love to meet and chat with.  Famous people, of course, just to see if the history books "got" them right.  But mostly, certain ancestors who left behind many unanswered questions about where they went or what they did and why. Time travel would be the ONLY way to fill in gaps in the family history.  Some of them, I suspect, would be thrilled to set the record straight.

4. Hypersapien profile image37
    Hypersapienposted 6 years ago

As someone once said, invisibility is really only a power you can use to do bad things:  spy on girls in the locker room, steal money, etc.

I'd probably go with time travel.  Of course there's a financial element to it, but also the ability to prevent accidents, tragedies, etc.  Imagine a diagnosis that catches a cancer before it can spread, or checking the brakes on a bigrig before it causes a 20-car pile-up on the interstate.

5. Rochelle Frank profile image94
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

I think that time traveling, if you seek to change something in the past, would lead to a host of unintended outcomes that we could not anticipate.  Shape-shifting could have similar consequences. Invisibility might be fun, except it would probably be cold if you had to be naked.

working