jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Slideshow or Thumbnail

1. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 10 years ago

I'm curious as to which photo option you guys prefer? slideshow or thumbnail?

2. College politico profile image60
    College politicoposted 10 years ago

Slideshow

3. Stacie Naczelnik profile image72
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 10 years ago

I like the thumbnail option.  I used both when I first started, but find thumbnail suits my style better.

4. Lissie profile image80
    Lissieposted 10 years ago

Thumbnail because you can see all the photos and choose which to expand - but you get an ugly bit of white space if your photos are a mixture of whitespace and landscape!

5. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 10 years ago

I prefer thumbnail when reading hubs, as like you've mentioned Lissie you can choose which images to look at. But, I was curious as to what others thought. Because, I know when using them, I don't like the white space left when one photo may be taller than the rest. And, it seems no matter my cropping and resizing abilities, I can never get it right.

Has anyone else had a problem with this? Even if I set all the heights the same, there's usually one picture that remains taller than the rest, creating the ugly white space. I try making those pictures my first image, but eh, I still don't like it. Ha.

I figure with the slideshow, fewer people would actually look through the photos.

Anyways, any more thoughts?

6. darkside profile image80
    darksideposted 10 years ago

Whatever I feel best serves the hub and the presentation of the content.

Which in my case is usually thumbnail.

working