jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why do so many hubbers not make much money on HubPages?

1. Amy Gillie profile image86
    Amy Gillieposted 6 years ago

Why do so many hubbers not make much money on HubPages?

So many hubs mention earnings and they are rarely high. Is anyone making good side income besides the "success stories?"

2. breastpumpreviews profile image81
    breastpumpreviewsposted 6 years ago

In 7 weeks, I have made about a few dollars on hubpages and dollars in adsense.  It's not great money but the idea is to keep compounding what your making.  I currently have 18 hubs published.  I hope to make the payout each month but you have to do more than just write.  You should build links to your hubs and promote them.  I have done a little bit of this and other people promoted one of my hubs that took off for a few weeks.  I have wrote about subjects that interest me, for fun, and about breastfeeding.

3. WryLilt profile image92
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Because they assume they can make hundreds of dollars after writing ten hubs about random topics.

There are MILLIONS of articles on most topics on the internet. Just writing a few hundred random words on that topic won't bring you traffic.

I earned about $5 for the first six months on this site. I've only recently started getting several hundred per month, now that my hubs are older and ranked better in Google.

It DOES take time and patience.

4. Hypersapien profile image35
    Hypersapienposted 6 years ago

I'm somewhat surprised by this sentiment, but I guess it's relative to what you consider to be "not...much money".  I'm not making a whole lot, relatively speaking, but it's great money considering that I'm earning money doing something I love.  Moreover, it's passive income in that the work I do today can earn for a long time to come.  (In fact, I've got a couple of hubs comparing my income from HP against a couple of other sites.)

Basically, I think hubbers have to be active and stick with it.  I keep hearing that you need about 100 articles/hubs/what-have-you before your income becomes something worth talking about.  That being the case, the answer is to keep grinding and putting out unique, quality content.

5. Alaxia profile image60
    Alaxiaposted 5 years ago

I am trying to become one of those success stories and have hatched a plan to follow all the seemingly golden rules of hub pages and see whether if I really apply myself I can make it work. I am going to let everyone know how I get on with this so that people can learn from my experience. Please follow me to see how I get on.
    http://alaxia.hubpages.com/hub/How-to-M … mpic-Style