Mark Knowles Is At It Again.....

Jump to Last Post 1-31 of 31 discussions (66 posts)
  1. profile image0
    mdawson17posted 14 years ago

Will Hubpages ever put a stop to Mark Knowles agressive slanderism of ones character in forum threads?

Again Mark attacked me on a thread that I posted yesterday:

Married Men That Live A Secret Homosexual Life "Good Or Bad"?

This is a copy of a partial of the thread:

Mark Knowles wrote:
    mdawson17 wrote:
    In the recent years I have seen more men come out of the closet after being married for more than 5 years. This concerns me becuase I think of the spouse that has dedicated her complete life to him!

I have seen children lives tour up and even worse the children involved become very confused.

I have seen wives insecure of their woman hood and who they are. Blaming themselves.

And I have the man just walk away from a dedicated relationsip as if it hurt no one. I thought when a married couple took their vows they were vows of integrity and commitment. I thought they were also a vow of honesty and faithfullness.

I am curious what is the thoughts and oppions in regards to this subject.

You will feel a lot better after you come and ab be honest about your sexual preferences.

Stop living the lie and be true to yourself dude.

You can do it! God would want you to come pout of the closet

WHY IS IT MARK KNOWLES IS ALOWED TO ATTACK OTHER HUBERS ON A PERSONAL LEVEL INSULTING THEIR CHARTER AND WHO THEY ARE ABOUT YET NOTHING HAPPENS TO HIM?

MARK KNOWLES COMMENTS GETS VERY CLOSE TO SLANDERISM AND AS ALL WRITERS SHOULD KNOW SLANDERISM CAN END WRITERS UP IN COURT!

THE DEFINATION OF SLANDER IS:

LIE,MISREPRESENT,SMEAR,MUDSLING,DEFAME,DENIGRATE,CASTAOERSIONS,MAKE A FALSE TATEMENT,LIBEL,MALIGN, DRAG ONES NAME THROUGH THE MUD,SLUR, TARNISH ONE'S NAME OR CHARACTER

H/P STAFF SAID ON THEIR FORUM THAT THIS KIND OF BEHAVIOR MUST STOP? DOES MARK KNOWLES NOT HAVE TO APPY TO THE RULES AND GUIDELINES?

Hubpages responce but such violations:

The rules are very clear:
    No personal attacks in the forums.  Substantive debate and differences of opinion are okay.  Name-calling, insults, threats, and passive-aggressive references to other users with whom you disagree are not.

Generally, HubPages likes to take a hands-off approach to moderation.  We prefer not to get involved, wherever possible, and allow users to work out their own differences of opinion.  We only step in where clear spam or personal attacks are involved.  However, some users have expressed dissatisfaction with our supposed lack of action in certain instances.

In light of this, I hereby clarify our new policy:
    Any personal attacks that are reported will result in a 3-day forum ban of the offending user.  Repeated offences will result in a permanent forum ban.  No exceptions for users "in good standing."  No special considerations for context or provocation.  (Paul's own father is currently serving a 3-day ban.)

When will hubpages staff put a stop to Mark Knowles peronal attacks on others?

1. r2moo2 profile image60
      r2moo2posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I really don't see anything personal Mark was trying to say. Unless this is a build up from your previous war with Mark Knowles.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

Enjoy your 3 days.

3. sooner than later profile image60
    sooner than laterposted 14 years ago

He gets temp. banned now and again.

4. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 14 years ago

Just report the comment and HP will take care of it. There's no need to make a thread about it.

By the way, I checked out the thread, which I'm sure is what the intent of this thread was.... I don't think as many people have complained about him as you think. If you don't want to converse with him, ignore his comments. You're egging it on otherwise. I don't mind him by any means, but if you have a problem, take it up with HP and ignore him when he posts to you.

Plus, I don't think what he said was that bad. It was more sarcastic than geared at attacking you.

5. profile image0
    Poppa Bluesposted 14 years ago

I'm sorry, but I didn't see where he attacked you personally. It's just a message board. I wouldn't take it too seriously.

6. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Perhaps you should come down from YOUR Cross and view Yourself from where everyone else stands! hmm

You are Bleating.... Always Bleating! sad

About the very thing that you do yourself!

Turn the other check lol

7. Pearldiver profile image68

What exactly is a Peronal Attack Anyway? big_smile

8. sooner than later profile image60

Well, I have seen mark in action plenty of times. if there is a subbject that he does not agree with, he aims to end all productive converstation with name calling and ignorant responses with no depth.

the act does discourage more hubbers from engaging in any conversation.

that being said, he and I do not agree on anything and I hate to see him trolling through my hubs as well.

1. spiderpam profile image74
      spiderpamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey  sooner, it's been a while! smile

Sorry to hear about this, holdfast!

1. sooner than later profile image60
        sooner than laterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey spiderpam, good to see you. 

I got hard after my greenhouse, it is finished now!!!

Congrats, you missed a doozie of a forum the other day, I had to close it due personal attacks, but you would've liked it.

9. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

Yes, its an attack and slander, I wonder who could be held libel in a situation like this?

Slander is the oral communication of false statements that are harmful to a person's reputation. If the statements are proven to be true, it is a complete defense to a charge of slander. Oral opinions that don't contain statements of fact don't constitute slander. Slander is an act of communication that causes someone to be shamed, ridiculed, held in contempt, lowered in the estimation of the community, or to lose employment status or earnings or otherwise suffer a damaged reputation. Slander is a subcategory of defamation.

The basic elements of a claim of slander include;

1. a defamatory statement;
       2. published to third parties; and
       3. which the speaker or publisher knew or should have known was false.

1. profile image0
      Poppa Bluesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'd say the remarks don't pass at least one of the requirements. I think he could argue he was trying to provide friendly advice without indicating whether or not he knew the implications to be true or false. In any case, it's best to just ignore such things, at least that's how I would handle it.

1. profile image0
        A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

All of the elements are there, I wouldn't care about this if Hubpages had not banned me for a lot less, they are not consistent on these bans and they know it!

2. profile image0
      mdawson17posted 14 years agoin reply to this

In which Mark Knowles did when he used his laugauage directly towards me! You and Your is perosnal and direct!

The false statements would be saying that I need to come out of the closet if you read any of my hubs you will see that clearly I have said that I am not a homosexual!

So their is the proven act of slander!

10. Pearldiver profile image68

This isn't about Mark!
    This is about Nit-Picking!
    It's Not that Hard to Pick the Nit! lol

11. profile image56
    C.J. Wrightposted 14 years ago

so its because he used "YOU" and "YOUR"? Therefore he implied what? That the article was not a hypothetical, but rather personal?  Just trying to understand, what exactly is the issue.

12. Len Cannon profile image88
    Len Cannonposted 14 years ago

I deleted it because I realized it was pointless to even talk about, but written communication is always libel and slander is always for spoken defamation.

1. Whitney05 profile image82
      Whitney05posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're right- libel is written. But, I still don't see the comment as deserving this outburst.

I do.

Me too, and it happens more than it' s ever reported.

13. profile image0
    bloodnlatexposted 14 years ago

Grow up and go on with your day!

14. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

I don't understand why you want to post a thread about something that is personal to you only.  If you have a problem with something a poster comments, then you should deal with it yourself. this is your opinion only, btw.  an attack is much different than slander.

geez...

15. Len Cannon profile image88
    Len Cannonposted 14 years ago

I certainly don't think it deserved its own thread.

16. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

O.K. everyone both Mark and MDawson are good people we have to respect both of them, Mark should not be banned and MDawson I am certain he is going to pull this thread sometimes all of us act out and defend ourselves we are all human and we are not without fault. Both of them are strong- willed and are highly respected. I admire both of their abilities and their talents so again I am certain this thread is going to go, just my opinion. smile

17. profile image0
    aquaseaCreativeposted 14 years ago

It was a backhanded joke - noone will have taken it seriously.  Surely it doesn't warrant any action by the site.

Really? If the shoe was of the other foot and Dawson stood firmly opposed against homosexuality and used the bible. Dawson  would have been banned for hate speech.

1. profile image0
        aquaseaCreativeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't think that it was hateful or can be compared in any way to hate speech. He didn't say anything nasty about gay people.

Joke gone wrong if you ask me (yes I know, nobody did lol)

2. sooner than later profile image60

It's like this.

You spend some time to write a hub that you are passionate about or have interest in. It takes time to do this. Especially an old guy like me.

Then you have a person like mark troll through your hub because he gets a laugh out of childish remarks. Now, nobody wants to engage in conversation because they see the troll and where the hub is going.

Its very irritating.

Who likes mark and who doesn't is not the issue. I like humor and I like "heated" conversation, but I don't think these types of comments are acceptable either. They are not allowed per the rules and I think it takes a smarter person to push the limmit without getting banned for a time.

18. profile image48
    HealthTipposted 14 years ago

Personally I think it's a personal matter between the two members, opening this thread actually highlighted the attention to yourself and in a way you have sought out this attention. If Mark Knowles had said something that made me look bad I sure as heck wouldn't start a thread to show everyone it.

Naming members in a thread should carry a long ban, it just creates a load of bad feeling !

1. profile image56
      C.J. Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good Point. Besides writing a thread about someone and doing so in a negative manner...is...well an attack?

1. profile image48
        HealthTipposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I couldn't agree more, in fact it's actually worse !

2. profile image0

Then he will get banned, but I bet the other one doesn't!

2. profile image0

To call out someone on something that insults His/Her character should never be tolerated and he does it over and over again!

It was not my intention to hurl insults and I will gladly if told take a 3 day band from the forums becuase that is the type of writter and person I am.

However Mark countiosly attack hubers in a very personal way! Some of us wright on hubpages for a living not for fun.

Regardless of how you dissect his comment in my thread it is obvious of his indicatiations in his wording!

This current thread was not a ploy to get more traffic on my site believe you me I am personaly content with the traffic I have!

I am just sick and tired of his constant attacks on other hubers it flat sickens me professionally and personally!

I have recieved personal emails of other hubers that has lefy H/P becuase of Mark,s personal attacks on them!

WHEN DOES ALL THIS STOP?

1. Whitney05 profile image82
        Whitney05posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Take it up with the officials. I doubt of all people, you were the one emailed because people left because of Mark. That's there thing, and if you can't take it, then ignore it. It's pretty simple.

It will stop when people stop calling attention to stupid things.

For reasons like cry babies, there shouldn't be a forum that isn't HubPages related. Don't participate if you don't want to. There are so many personalities here, that someone is going to get misunderstood if not flat out attacked. It happens. Don't make it worse with threads like this.

19. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

I just see some oppinions here mark, surely YOU would know the difference?

2. spiderpam profile image74

Hey evol guy, aren't posting links against the rules too?

20. Pearldiver profile image68

Why do you open such pathetic threads and then bleat because others disagree with you? hmm

In all the time I have been in HP; You have been interested in finding out as much as you can about Homosexuality!

Why?
    What is your attraction to gays?
    Are you curb-cruzing HP?hmm

I doubt many here actually care to see your obsessive threads on the subject.

1. AEvans profile image72
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He is a minister and is trying to seek understanding since he deals with people everyday and there are so many who are judgemental of them, he is not judging but seeking knowledge and understanding because many Christians believe that it is a sin. I for one have many friends who are gay and lesbian and we are a heterosexual couple but as we all know there are many many Christians who point fingers and judge when they should be looking in there own backyards first. He is merely seeking understanding based on comments and experiences that his own people question, the best way to get answers is to go to the people and then determine what direction God is asking him to go. There is nothing negative intended just simple understanding. I do have to say in his defense that he is the first Man of God who is passionate about others thoughts, feelings, emotions and he believes that everyone is entitled to life and respect. This is not meant to offend you as I admire you to but all of us should just sit back and then answer the questions. We should help him answer the questions that so many long to understand I believe then we will gain more knowledge. ((Big Hugs)) my friend. smile

1. r2moo2 profile image60

Precisely if he is a minister, there is even less reason to get angry.

We know that Mark Knowles is an atheist. So why bother being ticked by him?

Jesus didn't bother with those who gave Him names.

Likewise, relax... don't they have a quote, "Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me."

21. sooner than later profile image60

Spiderpam,

what was the hub you had to delete?

No it was a forum I had to close "Please provide proof atheism is true and correct" It got pretty nasty, but no one could provide proof.

ahh, I would have been there. glad I wasn't.

haha

lol

22. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

Welcome to the forums Nicole.

23. profile image48
    HealthTipposted 14 years ago

I appreciate what you are saying Mdawson I really do but your concerns should have been mailed to Hubpages. This type of naming thread just brings out all the usual suspects to indulge in a slanging match who have no interest in either you or Mark Knowles and it will run and run.

24. Pearldiver profile image68

Has Mark ever suggested that you use a Dictionary to help you learn the correct spelling of the words you try to use? hmm

If Not, I'd like to suggest that a dictionary will help you understand words and their meanings!

It would also be a valuable tool for you: To help you understand what others are saying to you! lol

Once you've got a dictionary; you'll only need ears! lol

25. profile image0
    Scott.Lifeposted 14 years ago

We wonder why HP has to moderate the forums, it's because grown adults can't moderate themselves. I am sure your feelings were hurt but seriously, this is how you resolve it, by hosting a pity party and engaging in the same personal attacks on him, that you are accusing him of doing. Move on and walk away, stop feeding the beast and it will not grow.

1. profile image0
      bloodnlatexposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My thoughts exactly!

2. profile image0

I WANT TO THANK YOU SCOTT.LIFE FOR THESE WELL WRITTEN WORDS I CAN ONLY APPRECIATE ONE THAT SAYS WHAT YOU HAVE SAID! I CAN TAKE CORRECTIVE CRITICISM I JUST CANNOT AND WILL NOT TAKE A PERSONAL ATTACT!

FURTHERMORE IN THIS THREAD I HAVE NOTICED THE QUESTION BEING BROUGHT UP "WHY DO I POST THREADS ON HOMOSEXUALITY" I POST SUCH THREADS BECUSE IN MY MINISTRY I HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH INDIVIDUALS THAT LIVE IN AN ADVERSE LIFESTYLE! I FURTHER HAVE MY PERONAL OPIONS AND BELIEFS OF SUCH LIFESTYLES!

AS FAR AS ME BEING A PREDATOR THAT IS AN OUTRIGHT LIE NEVER HAVE POSTED ANY THREADS OR HUBS TO EVEN LEAVE SUCH AN INDICATION IN ANY ONES MIND! AS A MATTER OF FACT IF YOU READ MY HUBS YOU WILL SEE THAT I SPEAK BOLDLY AGAINST THE VIOLATIONS AND EXPLOYTATION OF CHILDREN AND THE DISABLED!

I HAVE ALWAYS RESPECTED OTHERS ON H/P HOWEVER I EXPECT THE SAME RESECT

1. Daniel Carter profile image62
        Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

With all due respect, and I am sincere,

respect is earned.

It would seem that many have also felt disrespected by you, hence the kinds of replies you have received.

To undo this, you have the ability and power. I think you'll find you have plenty of friends here, when and if that happens.

Again, I say, be well.

2. r2moo2 profile image60

Look, I attended Bible School before and am now a minister to my members.

So quit trying to justify that because you are a minister, you can be angry and justified in whatsoever you are doing.

Just do what you need to do in helping others and stop the verbal war. It really is pointless, and the worst is, it makes you look bad.

If you don't know, Mark Knowles won; he got you angry enough for you to look bad in front of so many people. Now he has something more to say about Christians.

So just relax alright. Chill.

1. profile image0

Sounds like you are the one who got angry!

3. Bibowen profile image88
      Bibowenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mdawson, I have a lot of respect for you from what I have seen so far, but I believe Scott is right on this one. And I won't trivilize the remarks against you in saying that you "got your feelings hurt." You may have good reason to protest and ask HP to do something about it. HP has rules about personal attacks and if they are going to have them, they should enforce them.

Having said that, a slanderous comment, even if true, would be very difficult charge to make stick. We put our ideas out there in HP and they are likely to get attacked. Some lack the self-control and can't help from verbally deficating all over the forums. I don't agree with Scott that the best response is to necessarily "walk away" in this case.  Sometimes you need to go head-to-head for what you believe. And, if MK is put on notice (again!), it might make things better for other hubbers later and do more to promote forums where ideas can be addressed and advanced. It will, at least, remove some of the stench.

But you don't want a reputation of crying "foul" when you get verbally smacked. This is said by a fan.

26. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

With all due respect, and I do mean this in a kind way, I get why you were hurt and insulted. But Mark's comments are more about Mark than you, just as your comments are more about you than Mark. If you're secure with who you are, then it doesn't matter what Mark or any of the rest of us think, because you're good to go.

Justice is not a remedy for everything. Sometimes you have to be the bigger person and let it slide, pass, or whatever. If justice were the remedy for everything, there would only be perpetual punishment. That doesn't make life worth living.

"An eye for an eye only makes the world blind."
    ~Ghandi

1. profile image0
      bloodnlatexposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well said...

27. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

When you begin such a controversial topic on a very personal subject, you should expect heated debate that gets personal. And then to claim foul is something I don't understand. I think you should examine your own motives.

28. lrohner profile image69
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

I have to admit, this has to be the most childish, self-indulgent, ridiculous thread that I've seen since I've been a member of HP. I feel like I'm back on the elementary school playground listening to the spoiled kid screaming, "HE PICKED ON ME!!!! WAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!"

I happen to like Mark and enjoy the humor in most of his comments. The religious fanatics have put a bullseye on Mark's back because he (gasp!) diaagrees with them, and probably won't back down until they've driven him out of here (which I can't see happening any time in the near future).  MDawson, perhaps you just should've shot back at Mark "It takes one to know one." Then we all could have laughed, disregarded the whole thing and moved on.

Whitney has posted quite a bit on this thread, and I agree with her. She and I have had very heated disagreements on a certain topic. You don't see either one of us running around, reporting each other and starting up threads about each other. We just leave each other alone. I don't agree with her, but I respect her opinion because it's just that -- her opinion. And she's entitled to it. I just don't happen to agree with it.

So grow up everyone! Can't we all just get along?

BTW, did any of you ever hear the saying, "Those that protest the loudest usually have something to hide?" smile

29. sooner than later profile image60

I didn't think this would go on this long.

I think the problem was addressed.

30. r2moo2 profile image60
    r2moo2posted 14 years ago

Lol... did I sound very serious?

Maybe I should make a hub on it. LOL~!

1. profile image0

I ALSO THINK THE PROBLEM HAS BEEN ADRESSED AND I HAVE EMAILED H/P STAFF TO REMOVE BOTH THREADS AND HOPE TO SEE THEM REMOVED SOON!

MARK KNOWLES IF I HAVE TAKEN YOUR COMMENT OUT OF CONTEXT I APOLGIZE! I DO NOT SEE THAT I HAVE HOWEVER I WILL REVIEW IT MORE AND SEE IF I REACTED TO FAST!

31. profile image0
    JimLowposted 14 years ago

I have very little appreciation for forums in-general, especially un-moderated ones and so I post very limited, that's why I have 264 Hubs and only about 85 forum posts here.

What has been brought attention-to by this thread is the very reason why I don’t frequent them. Not because the attacks make someone cry but because they disrupt intelligent discussions and debates in fact that's the design intended. It's not the same thing whatsoever to express heated, passionate disagreement but attack-posts go way beyond that.

I could actually paste some examples that have occurred especially on the "Religion & Belief" forums but I'm going to resist doing that. (Don't press-me too hard to prove that or I might just post an example!) Better yet, I'll copy/paste and send them to HP administration and ask them what they think about them and then post their reply. I can guarantee you they know which posts go out of bounds and they are aware of what certain individuals are up too.

While I've mentioned that, what would be your opinion of an attack-poster who gets multiple memberships on HubPages and resorts to attack-posts, posing as many different individuals? Why would you ask that JimLow? - You might inquire. Why do you think I'm asking it?

My disagreement with someone who has obtained many memberships under lots of different names, is that they see it as an advantage in making it appear there are more people resorting to the "out of bounds" posts than there really are. They also have followers-cronies that begin to emulate them. Their followers feel emboldened to stretch the boundaries because their hero is doing-so.

In my opinion when Hubpages is able to prove this occurrence with a member, they should not be slapped on the wrist with a 3-day ban but should be put out the back door permanently. If they reappear afterward under yet more member-names, they should be pursued legally.

Can some of this be proven already? You better believe it can. This, despite someone having posted from several computer-IPs.  Yeah, it’s happening and I'm not the only one who knows about it.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)