jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is excessive sharing of others' hubs detrimental ?

1. rajan jolly profile image91
    rajan jollyposted 5 years ago

Is excessive sharing of others' hubs detrimental ?

Or in other words, Is there a limit to how many hubs of fellow hubbers can one share in a day?
    Does excessive sharing of this type amount to spamming??

2. Becky Katz profile image83
    Becky Katzposted 5 years ago

When you share other people's hubs, they share yours. This gets your readership up because they return the compliment. It is a great tool to get your readership up. It is definitely not spamming and I think it is good for everyone. There is no limit to how many you can share except by how many you read. I only share hubs which are well written though, it wouldn't do to share hubs which are poorly conceived and executed.

3. Stephanie Henkel profile image96
    Stephanie Henkelposted 5 years ago

I think that sharing is a good thing, but you do need to be careful how much you post on each site. For example, your Facebook friends won't appreciate it if you share 10 or 20 articles each day as it will clog up their newsfeeds. The same goes for Twitter or HubPages.

Share hubs that you think are good writing, useful and entertaining, but do so judiciously. Your followers are more likely to read what you share if you don't overwhelm them with posts. 

In fact, if you clog up people's feeds, they are very likely to unsubscribe from your posts and you will lose the whole purpose of sharing.

4. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

I am pretty selective about what I share, because I want my friends and followers to value my opinion. It's not only about the quality of the hubs, but about the interests of my followers. I think that, because of this, I get a good response when I do share.

5. Capedium profile image78
    Capediumposted 5 years ago

I think yes!.. I shared lots of hubs.. Now my score is dropping!.. From 88 over night it went to 84