jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why am I not able to follow but 2 people?

1. cynthtggt profile image77
    cynthtggtposted 5 years ago

Why am I not able to follow but 2 people?

I am not able to follow some of the hubs I'd like.  I know I am doing it correctly because I was able to follow 2 people.  Why is it that I am not able to follow anyone?  I read the tutorial, etc., and I am doing all that is necessary.

2. Hypersapien profile image35
    Hypersapienposted 5 years ago

I'm not sure what the issue is, but I have the same problem.  I've discovered that mine is related to the computer I'm using - there's one computer where I can follow people, make comments, etc., and another where I can't do any of that stuff.  (In truth, it's probably related to the web browser I'm using rather than anything else, but I'm really not a tech guy.)  Just as a test, try following people from a different computer if you can, or another web-browser (or maybe you need an updated version of whatever you're using).

3. WD Curry 111 profile image61
    WD Curry 111posted 5 years ago

I came over, read your vocation hub. It was  well written and insightful. I will be looking forward to reading more of your work. I followed you without a problem. Click the little cowboy and come see if the follow works on my site, now.

Hypersapien could be right. Google Chrome seems to work the best with HubPages.

4. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image96
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 5 years ago

Did you change your settings to limit the emails you would get?

If you're clicking on something when you are on the hub, you are probably turning off the follow button. Usually, when you comment on a hub, you're automatically following it unless you opt out by pressing that button. If the button says 'unfollow,' then you are already following it by default.

Since you can reduce emails in your account settings & turn off email notices, you might want to check there to see if that might be the problem? 

When you say 'following,' do you mean the hubs or the Hubbers?  Those are two different things, and your question refers to people but the dialogue under it talks about following hubs.