jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you ever vote down hubs, and if so, what do you consider valid reasons for do

1. Kyricus profile image60
    Kyricusposted 5 years ago

Do you ever vote down hubs, and if so, what do you consider valid reasons for doing so?

2. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

Only if they are truly low quality or if they are inflammatory towards a group of people things of this nature.  A lot of people flag down things that are well written that they simply disagree with and I do not believe that is fair at all, particularly if it is written well.   

I will flag down for multiple grammar errors and spelling issues - not just the periodic "oopsie" but stuff that's difficult to read that you can tell was not proofread in the least.  That or hateful speech etc. Otherwise I just pass it over. 

Stuff that is obviously Spam or spun content I flag.

3. Imogen French profile image86
    Imogen Frenchposted 5 years ago

Very rarely, I usually just do nothing if I'm not impressed by a hub.

However, I have voted down one or two that were unfinished and badly presented, for example only being a few sentences long and with very bad spelling, there are some hubs in which there was just no point in them even being published because they were so bad. Luckily this is quite rare smile

4. Kyricus profile image60
    Kyricusposted 5 years ago

Thanks Christin. I ask because I've come across a few that I consider to be poorly written, yet I hesitate to vote down because I'm unsure if English is the writers native language and I don't to vote down a hub without knowing that information.
    Some are so confusing it's hard for me to grasp what is trying to be said. I seldom vote down hubs and wonder that if I do, it would be appropriate to leave a reason.

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

On rare occasion and never for disagreeing with the hubbers opinion.  I will vote a hub down if the English is poor and it is almost unreadable--or the writing quality is really terrible - because I really want to keep up the reputation of the site.