jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How long does it usually take for a beginning hubber to gain an even a minuscule

1. Sirus Hunt profile image61
    Sirus Huntposted 5 years ago

How long does it usually take for a beginning hubber to gain an even a minuscule amount of revenue?

This is assuming that the hubber does a bit of SEO (though does not revolve the articles around it.) Is it just a hub-aging thing and it takes time to get a decent flow of traffic?

2. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image97
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 5 years ago

The other factors are writing high-quality hubs, writing often and writing in an informative, non-blog and non-spamming style. And, of course, the whims of Google's next menagerie release can be game-changing.

3. rontlog profile image85
    rontlogposted 5 years ago

It is possible to start earning straight away with a new hub on the day that you publish it.

When you first publish a hub, you will notice that for upto a day after publishing, you will get traffic from Hubpages because your article may be being read by other hubbers. (See explore - top right - hubs. It lists the most recent published hubs and other hubbers go here to see what hubs have been written.)

If you have joined the Hubpages Ad program  you will earn every time someone views one of your hubs. So from day one, if other hubbers like and read your article, you are earning.

(Google Adsense is different - it pays you everytime someone pays clicks on an advert on your hub, so no guarantee that someone will click on the first day)

After that first day there are various ways you may get traffic:
    Internally from Hubpages - via other hubs on the same subject. (This happens if a related hub shows your hub  on the related hubs list on the right hand side of the hub page). 

Externally - If you have done your SEO homework and manage to get high up on Google's search results you will attract readers from Google.

Then there are other methods that some hubbers use to increase external traffic further, such as back linking.

4. somethgblue profile image86
    somethgblueposted 5 years ago

From my perspective it took 7 months, I have moved beyond the fifty dollar thresh hold just recently.

It has taken 78 hub articles and over 19,000 page views but now I am earning a miniscule amount.