jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

I wonder what makes people to join hubpages in the first place.

1. Goodluck4ever profile image72
    Goodluck4everposted 5 years ago

I wonder  what makes people to join hubpages in the first place.

Hubbers, what is the major reason why you are on this sight; is to make money or you just like writing and reading from others?

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

I originally joined this site to write with no idea that I would earn money, I hadn't earned any decent money writing anywhere else.  I was eventually pleasantly surprised. I still mainly write for the writing, but money is also an important part now.

Goodluck4everposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Good that we can also make money from our passion

3. Civil War Bob profile image61
    Civil War Bobposted 5 years ago

I joined to write and thought I could make money.  Now I just want to change the world with what I write and don't bother with the ads.  Oh, yeah...I want to make people laugh and think...maybe at the same time.

Honest answer

4. profile image0
    BethDWposted 5 years ago

I joined to meet a community of other writers, and to get feedback on my writing. So far it's been a great experience! I can't be on the site as much as I would like (I'm working full time, and I'm a part-time student), so my earnings are nill but that isn't really my motivator anyway. I've met a lot of cool writers on here, and networking is now a big motivator for me as well.

Good answer. Yeah most times, time is scarce

5. Becky Katz profile image84
    Becky Katzposted 5 years ago

I joined to write, I had been reading for months and had all these wonderful writers as friends. Now they all read my writing and I still read theirs. They are a great group of people.

Thanks for your honest answer

6. SidKemp profile image94
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

My main reason is to have a place to write where I will be read soon, and people will let me know what they think - in other words - the writing/reading community.

But I do it for more than one reason - I'm growing a base for making money, too.

Good answer

7. Kimberly Turner profile image78
    Kimberly Turnerposted 5 years ago

To write! It is nice to explore the topics to write about and see which hubs attract the most readers. I take it as a learning experience and I get to do something I enjoy!

I like your response. Thanks for taking out time to answer the question

working