jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (19 posts)

Is it true that we can now earn from page views on questions asked?

1. Tricia1000 profile image71
    Tricia1000posted 5 years ago

Is it true that we can now earn from page views on questions asked?

I cannot find more information on earning from questions  asked  in HP and am interested to know how it works if it is indeed true

2. Brandon E Newman profile image71
    Brandon E Newmanposted 5 years ago

yes unless you disable the ads. Hubpages implemented this  several weeks ago.

1. gabgirl12 profile image79
      gabgirl12posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I don't understand. Disable the ads? Can you clarify?

2. Brandon E Newman profile image71
      Brandon E Newmanposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Login, click "my account," then the Q&A link at the top left. Select a question that you asked, then you will see the "disable ads" link above your question.

3. BlissfulWriter profile image64
    BlissfulWriterposted 5 years ago

Only if you have elected to transfer your questions to your subdomain.
    http://blog.hubpages.com/2012/03/questi … ent-page-1

1. mary615 profile image93
      mary615posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Duh...I can't find my "transfer" button.  Wonder if that means I already transferred, but don't remember doing that?

2. BlissfulWriter profile image64
      BlissfulWriterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

By default, your questions are not transferred to your subdomain.  You have to go into "My Account -> Q&A" and click "Transfer".

4. CloudExplorer profile image78
    CloudExplorerposted 5 years ago

Yes indeed, but of course you must be signed up to Google Adsense and Paypal to do so, in your hubpages account section, there should be an option to convert your Q&A questions into a separate sub-domain, so it can become monetized.

5. WryLilt profile image91
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

No - you CANNOT earn from page views on questions.

You can, however, earn from people clicking on adverts on your questions. However the average CTR (click through rate) on most adverts is between 2-5% so you'd need to generate quite a bit of traffic to earn much from your questions.

1. donnaisabella profile image81
      donnaisabellaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I believe we can earn just from views not just ads being clicked.

2. D22314 profile image77
      D22314posted 5 years agoin reply to this

No Donna, WryLilt is right - you only earn through Adsense when it comes to questions. That means that you must have your Adsense account linked to your HP account to earn from any questions that you ask. Pageviews won't earn you anything, clicks wil

3. Tricia1000 profile image71
      Tricia1000posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Does this mean that these earnings will only come from internal traffic?

4. WryLilt profile image91
      WryLiltposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Questions can be indexed in Google search just like all other public online content.

6. bushraismail profile image60
    bushraismailposted 5 years ago

Where did you read that we can earn? I must have missed that juicy information.

7. donnaisabella profile image81
    donnaisabellaposted 5 years ago

Yes, that has been true for a while now since the Q&A subdomain was created. All you do is ask questions and when people view them you get credit for the traffic that brings. People can view your questions from all over the internet just like they view your hubs.

1. Tricia1000 profile image71
      Tricia1000posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for this information.  I thought it was only internal traffic that could see the questions.

8. Tricia1000 profile image71
    Tricia1000posted 5 years ago

Thank you for all the responses to my question and the information regarding earnings from questions asked.

9. gabgirl12 profile image79
    gabgirl12posted 5 years ago

Now I'm really curious. It sais 'this process cannot be undone'. So I'm wondering, is there a reason we shouldn't do the transfer? I though to write another 'question' but nah...its in the same topic anyway.

working