jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you find a certain category of your hubs outperforms others?

1. StephanieBCrosby profile image85
    StephanieBCrosbyposted 5 years ago

Do you find a certain category of your hubs outperforms others?

I have found it interesting that one of my lengthiest and specialized hubs in literature has been at the top almost ever since I published it. If this hub is not in the top spot on my list, then another literature hub is. What do you think accounts for your number 1 hub staying number 1 on your list? Or why do you think one category outperforms others on your list?

2. Bretsuki profile image80
    Bretsukiposted 5 years ago

Yes I have had one particular hub in my top five hubs everyday since it was published, often at number one.

This hub was about the Battle of Cannae in the first Punic War between Republican Rome and Carthage. Among the reasons I think this one hub is so popular is it's root in both ancient and military history.  People love to read about great events in the past and Cannae is a battle which changed the world.
    Secondly Iit seems that topic is regularly searched on Google and I managed to get together some particularly good keywords and SEO.

The hub has also been passed on quite a bit. Hopefully this means it was well put together or well written too.

3. Millionaire Tips profile image93
    Millionaire Tipsposted 5 years ago

I don't think that it is a particular category that outranks others.  Both your hub and Bretsuki's hub seem like things that school students would research, and they both seem like topics that are unique enough that there won't be a lot of articles on those subjects. These subjects would also be interesting to adults who are interested in history or literature. 

I am certainly no expert on online writing, but that's the type of things I am trying to write about - things that people want to know about, but the information isn't all over the web already.

4. sangre profile image94
    sangreposted 5 years ago

Yes, this happened to one of my hubs too. It's on sick rabbits, every day it has views. which is nice as after all that work I put into it, it's good that it's getting views.

I write about what I know and what I am interested in and some of those topics just seem to attract more traffic than others.

5. Escobana profile image74
    Escobanaposted 5 years ago

I can see what you're getting at.

Bipolar Disorder seems to be a hot topic on Hubpages. My poems always get less traffic than the rest of my Hubs but I have to say I didn't publish as much as some people did in ten months.

Adoption and Datingstories do very well too but I think Hubs start to outperform other Hubs on your list, when the quality is less good than the others.

My number one Hub changes from time to time and I always try to put a lot of effort in the quality and lay-out of each Hub, so they can compete with one another.

working