jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you feel that submitting hubs during a holiday is worth your effort?

1. collegedad profile image74
    collegedadposted 5 years ago

Do you feel that submitting hubs during a holiday is worth your effort?

I've noticed that hubs submitted during a holiday have far less traffic and don't build momentum well even after the holiday is over. What are your thoughts on the subject?

2. profile image0
    ghiblipgposted 5 years ago

I remember there is a statistic done and it said, there are more clicking on internet on weekday compared to weekend. May be your observation is true as holidays people is away from their computer. But with the mobile world booming, may be a new set of statistic will be out. So, write more often.

3. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

I think that, in the long run, it doesn't matter when you submit your hub. Even if people flock to it in the beginning it will only do well long term if the search engines find it and people are motivated to click.

I know it's exciting to see lots of pageviews when you first publish a hub.

4. GmaGoldie profile image78
    GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

I think your assessment is very astute, however, I also state the life of the hub is what really counts. Are you submitting it to the directories and promoting? That is the real test of the quality of the hub - not the day issued.

5. msshandriaball profile image69
    msshandriaballposted 5 years ago

I noticed that too, but they should later pick up more traffic due to more people being on the internet.Views are usually low around holidays.

6. Dale Hyde profile image82
    Dale Hydeposted 5 years ago

I feel that submitting at anytime is creating a backlink and backlinks are always "good." smile I submit seven days a week. I have seen a decline in views on weekends, however it may well be more of a decline if I did not submit.

7. KangaYankeeDoo profile image79
    KangaYankeeDooposted 5 years ago

I've always heard that the best time to post a hub is at 9 p.m. on a Tuesday night, however I really don't know if it makes all that much of a difference. After all if everyone else publishes a hub at this time, then the hub pages would be saturated at that time period with new hubs. The hub I just posted was on a holiday, and I must say that it really did receive a warm reception.

8. Anne Losch profile image64
    Anne Loschposted 5 years ago

Many people are with family and not on their computers, at least not as much, during holidays.  Therefore, traffic will be less during a holiday than during a typical weekday.  If the hub is finished, save it for the next day.