jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Do you take the time to acknowledge comments on your hubs?

1. breathe2travel profile image80
    breathe2travelposted 5 years ago

Do you take the time to acknowledge comments on your hubs?

2. Becky Katz profile image83
    Becky Katzposted 5 years ago

Of course I do, anyone who doesn't acknowledge them risks losing readers. Besides, it is only common courtesy.

3. bockshiner profile image83
    bockshinerposted 5 years ago

Yes because after seeing everyone else do it I feel like I'm supposed to.

4. flashmakeit profile image69
    flashmakeitposted 5 years ago

Yes I do and I wish someone would add one soon.

5. Georgie Lowery profile image93
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

Unless something happens and it slips my mind, I always answer comments. I should respect the time they took to write the comment.

6. point2make profile image81
    point2makeposted 5 years ago

Always acknowledge comments on your hubs. To ignore the comments would rob you of the true HubPages experience. Interaction with your fellow writers will not only help you as a writer....it helps you learn what others think of your hubs and your writing and that knowledge is priceless.

7. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Absolutely.  If someone is kind enough to read my work and comment, then I am very grateful and want them to know it.

8. Jynzly profile image73
    Jynzlyposted 5 years ago

I always acknowledge comments, if I have any; problem is nobody gives comments anymore although I know that I got some 5,000 viewers who would vote up on some of my hubs. Even my questions and my forums are not replied or responded anymore so I just have to stop asking questions and had stopped expecting for comments. I just write when I feel like doing it, many readers, commenters or none.

9. Catherine Kane profile image81
    Catherine Kaneposted 5 years ago

I do unless they're aggressive, bigotted and mean spirited (at which point I need to think about it....)

10. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 5 years ago

O yes, I always do my best to get back to those who took time to comment!  I know I get irritated when someone ignores my comment, so I don't want to make my readers mad!

11. libby1970 profile image72
    libby1970posted 5 years ago

I always reply to comments in my hubs! I think if someone is nice enough to leave a comment about my hub then it's my responsibility as the author to respond!