jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (12 posts)

Is anyone else suddenly being bombarded with spam comments?

1. lovesleftovers profile image74
    lovesleftoversposted 5 years ago

Is anyone else suddenly being bombarded with spam comments?

I've never had a problem with spam comments on HubPages before, now suddenly I'm getting slammed with them. I wondered if anyone else is having this problem?

2. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

I've had a few before and they did seem to kind of come close together.  I moderate all comments now and since then the problem has been greatly reduced.  Unfortunately, spammers will go wherever they can find a place to do their thing.. aggravating.

3. alexadry profile image98
    alexadryposted 5 years ago

Yes, check the forum in the hubber's hangout; there is a thread about this there.

4. I Am Rosa profile image90
    I Am Rosaposted 5 years ago

Normally, I get the occasional comment from non-users that are odd or that i can't figure out what the poster's point/intent is, however today, I've been spam-bombed on my resume related hubs.  I'm trying to see the bright side of this:  More views and traffic to that hub, but really, I'm just annoyed by it.

5. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

I just got a long, rambling SPAM comment on one of my movie Hubs that had nothing to do with the topic at hand so I deleted it.

1. FatFreddysCat profile image99
      FatFreddysCatposted 5 years agoin reply to this

...make that two long, rambling SPAM comments ... just found one on another one of my Hubs.

6. Ms Dee profile image89
    Ms Deeposted 5 years ago

Not slammed, but just got one that was mostly question marks with some scattered unintelligable words.

lovesleftoversposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That's mostly what I was getting, but had dozens of them. What a pain! Fortunately the system is recognizing them as spam.

7. Greensleeves Hubs profile image98
    Greensleeves Hubsposted 5 years ago

I've had exactly the same experience. Like lovesleftovers and like Ms Dee - loads of questionmarks and odd words most of which seem to be plugging some traders of hand bags. They are mostly recognised as spam which is good, but I wonder if there's a quick way to get rid of them, or do we just have to go through each one to delete it. Will the system automatically delete them, and if so, after how long? I will check out the forum as well.

lovesleftoversposted 5 years agoin reply to this

So far, most of the spam comments on my hubs have been recognized as such. I've still had to go through them one by one to delete them "forever". A bit of a pain.

8. VirginiaLynne profile image99
    VirginiaLynneposted 5 years ago

Yes, I was just about to ask this question myself.  My most trafficed Hubs are getting a bunch of these.  I'm just deleting them, but it is annoying.  Does anyone know why this is happening?

9. krillco profile image94
    krillcoposted 5 years ago

There must be a new spammer...I'm getting quite a few that read like political reporting, but are basically jibberish...lots of political keywords, as it were. The filters need to be IP address oriented rather than text oriented, methinks...since there are so many, it hast to be a 'bot' that is spewing them out.

working