A dying child's last wishes..........

Jump to Last Post 101-150 of 510 discussions (748 posts)
  1. readytoescape profile image59
    readytoescapeposted 14 years ago

I read it and its terrific. Everyone should read both of your hubs.

Luciendasky's
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Neuroblastoma-t … h-Biorkman

Crazdwriter's

http://hubpages.com/hub/Can-you-help-ma … ES-YOU-CAN

This little guy's story really puts things in perspective, we dont know how lucky many of us are.

1. IntimatEvolution profile image68
      IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

WOW!!!  Thank you for writing this wonderful hub's.  Just sent out more tweets for the little guy.  I hope he get some Christmas cards for overseas.  I think he would love it.  I know when my baby was 5, he would have.

2. Luciendasky profile image61
    Luciendaskyposted 14 years ago

thanks ready... and crazdwriter

3. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Bump bump bump read read read!

4. profile image0

BUMP! okay off to finish doing stuff..keep bumping this and my other post about a plea to writers so all can read both! it's a good idea I think that I posted for Noah smile

5. profile image0

bump yet again

6. Naomi R. Cox profile image60
    Naomi R. Coxposted 14 years ago

It is heartbreaking to hear of a child with cancer. I have lost family members to cancer. I will be sending a card and spreading the word, getting more cards sent. My prayers are sent to them.

7. Luciendasky profile image61

I am sorry to hear about your loss, Naomi

8. profile image0

I too am sorry for your loss Naomi..you are a very sweet woman for helping us share this news with others

9. profile image0

Bump for noah!

10. Luciendasky profile image61

bump again...

11. profile image0

Hey Lucie did you read my other post about ppl writing poems and things for Noah? bump that one too please

12. Luciendasky profile image61

I didn't see it but I will

13. profile image0

cool it's a good idea I think. It's called A Plea To All Writers...and it's getting ignore go figure people would rather waste their time arguing over stupid stuff and playing games than reading a good idea that could help more ppl whether they think it or not.

14. Luciendasky profile image61

I think what you said is right on and I think I will have to think of a story or something...

15. Luciendasky profile image61

Those of you just reading this post, note that Crazdwriter has set up another post called "A plea to all writers" that deals with writing notes of encouragement to Noah and the victim's families of the ordeal in Texas...

16. Luciendasky profile image61

bump

17. maudine_05 profile image60
    maudine_05posted 14 years ago

emailed and posted this link to my FB acct

18. Luciendasky profile image61

thank you smile

19. Luciendasky profile image61

bump

20. profile image0

bump bump

21. Luciendasky profile image61

bump... have to leave for work - someone keep bumping this... don't make crazdwriter have to do all the work wink

22. profile image0

lol I probably will have to anyways lol but I dont' midn for a good caues but I can't do it all day

23. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I told a friend about it and she is going to get her kids to make cards for him. One is 7, the other is 16.

24. profile image0

that is great news UW I sent a mass emila to the preschool  I use to work and they said that they will be having their kids make cards too...2-5 year olds!

25. Luciendasky profile image61

nice work y'all

26. profile image0

I hope ppl have written the address down when getting their mail. I have my cards addressed but not written in...waitng for my friends to sign a couple. smile

27. Luciendasky profile image61

I am getting my cards right after work

28. profile image0

Good for you...make sure they're cute lol

29. Luciendasky profile image61

I will smile I am going to see if I can find some that sing lol

30. profile image0

ooo when I went to Target they had plenty of those. Hey try to get one with an angel since that is what he says he is going to be when he gets Heaven.

31. Uninvited Writer profile image79

I was surprised how many Christmas cards are already in the stores. They just took the Halloween ones down.

Mine had a teddy bear and a snowman hugging and watching the sunset or sun rise.

32. profile image0

Oh that is really cute UW...I actually got 6 cards...2 with cute dogs, one with a squirrel ginve other animals a present,a cartoon dog on a sleigh with a reindeer pulling the sled through snow, a snowman with presents, and a smiling bird and alligator.

I even got two thanksgiving cards to send too. smile

33. IntimatEvolution profile image68
    IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years ago

I sent a peanut's Christmas card with snoopy and woodstock.

34. Luciendasky profile image61

I didn't get your message in time, CW, but I got one with gingerbread cookies on the front and there have stickers inside that he can take out and stick on stuff smile

35. Luciendasky profile image61

I guess they are gingerbread men, not cookies... lol... I must be hungry...

36. Luciendasky profile image61

bump

37. Luciendasky profile image61

bump

38. Uninvited Writer profile image79

Yes, lets keeps this on top and push down the hateful threads smile

39. Luciendasky profile image61

bump

40. Luciendasky profile image61

bumpity bump

41. readytoescape profile image59

I am amazed more hubbers have not taken notice of this thread, actually I'm rather ashamed. I would have expected many more, with over 110K members to have so few ...........

Guys Great job in keeping this alive.

42. Luciendasky profile image61

Thanks ready, I am starting to feel overwhelmed by it... it is amazing that so few people have looked at it... We shouldn't have to bump it so many times, it should be continually bumped by people who want to continually help, saying something meaningful and not the word "bump"

bump...

43. readytoescape profile image59

maybe we should post a link to the thread in others ...or would that be agaisnt the rules? maybe they will stop preaching and arguing and perform an act of real christian kindness

44. Luciendasky profile image61

I thought about it... but I don't know what the rules are about that... I agree about the Christian kindness thing... I almost made another thread called something like "Religion is a bomb" or "Obama is a bomb" just so everyone would immediately pounce on it, and then inside I could retell the story of Noah (ha ha it would be a trick) but unfortunately I can't bring myself to do it...

bump...

45. dianacharles profile image61
    dianacharlesposted 14 years ago

Sent out a mass e mail, put it on Twitter and will do on Facebook too. Wish there was more one could do. sad

46. Luciendasky profile image61

I agree... I wish there was more I could do as well... Thanks for spreading the word smile

47. Luciendasky profile image61

nice smile good fight starter... hopefully it will drive traffic to little Noah smile

48. Luciendasky profile image61

For anyone new checking in, you can check this story at

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/medical/biorkman.asp

and view an news clip about him at

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/21522646/detail.html

Even if you are an atheist, you should send a merry athiestmas card wink

49. Luciendasky profile image61

Also you can go to the following link and sign up to get updates on how little Noah is doing

https://www.carepages.com/carepages/NoahScottBiorkman

it is free, but you will probably need to use Internet Explorer, rather than firefox

50. Angela_1973 profile image60
    Angela_1973posted 14 years ago

I will do this to, thank you for sharing this story!

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)