jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Was there ever a point in time when you decided to quit using Hubpages?

1. MargaritaEden profile image73
    MargaritaEdenposted 5 years ago

Was there ever a point in time when you decided to quit using Hubpages?

If so, what made you change your mind?

2. beingwell profile image63
    beingwellposted 5 years ago

I have only been active in HP recently. So, yes. There was a time that I didn't like working with this site. The only reason is because I didn't understand the HP earning program hahaha!!! Good thing a friend of mine made me reconsider. smile

3. Pavlo Badovskyy profile image80
    Pavlo Badovskyyposted 5 years ago

yes. I published 2 hubs, no visits, no readers and I thought it was all just a waste of time. In two months after the hubs were published they were noticed by phdast7 who made me a huge promotion by sharing them  with her followers. I am grateful to her because she helped me to believe that my hubs can be of interest to others!

4. thecrazzykylex profile image39
    thecrazzykylexposted 5 years ago

Several Times... and I DID indeed! So, yup! I'm not new here

5. profile image0
    Bobbeachamposted 5 years ago

Having had external traffic drop to zero (check the ongoing problems noted by many on the traffic forum: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/99548) I am no longer writing new hubs - it's currently a waste of time.

Should the problems be resolved, I would be more than happy to re-start. I do enjoy writing here but I have to make a living, which I can't do here at present. The lack of response by HP staff hasn't helped either. There's clearly an ongoing problem but no communication. Even if they said "we don't know why but we're working on it" it would be better than no communication at all.

1. profile image0
      Bobbeachamposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, link error, should be: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/99548

6. redwards01 profile image75
    redwards01posted 5 years ago

I have been hubbing for about a year and a half. I was using Hubpages on and off after initially writing my first few hubs. I then came back just in time to join the earnings program, but most of my attention was directed to my website which was making a bit more money. After another break I returned to find a few of my hubs doing really good, so now I have been working on making more hubs and being a part of the community.

7. littlemarkiesmom profile image61
    littlemarkiesmomposted 5 years ago

Yep! I think most of us have at some point. I joined a few years ago, wrote a few hubs, was sorely disappointed that the money wasn't flowing in, then quit. I just started back up a couple weeks ago. I write on several other sites but I decided to come back here because 1.I like hubpages and the way it works, it's very easy. 2. I can have all of my own work in one central location instead of trying to have several different sites to keep up with. 3.I think that there is a strong sense of community here, writings willing (and wanting) to help other writers, and I want that. 4. Honestly, I get more traffic to my hubpages (with very little effort) than any of the other sites I write on. 5. (Sounds cheesy, but...)I know a girl who started freelance writing a couple years before me. She has just published her first book, after writing several successful ebooks and running or contributing to several different websites. In my opinion she is a successful writer and I want that. However, she has been consistently persistent in her writing, even when it wasn't so great. I figure if I'm ever gonna get where she's at, I have to just keep writing. smile

1. littlemarkiesmom profile image61
      littlemarkiesmomposted 5 years agoin reply to this

*writers willing.... oops, still on my first cup of coffee. smile

8. livingabroad profile image76
    livingabroadposted 5 years ago

I've only been here 7 weeks and even now I can't imagine life without hubpages! Is that sad?! Everything I look at turns into a story and potential hub topic! My brain doesn't work like it used to,it's like it has been chipped with a hubpages unit. Should I seek help?

1. MargaritaEden profile image73
      MargaritaEdenposted 5 years agoin reply to this

LOL that is me too, I guess we both need help!

working