What would cause one of my hubs to not be found by Google?

1. bockshiner profile image82
    bockshinerposted 5 years ago

What would cause one of my hubs to not be found by Google?

One of my hubs is sending a 404 error to Google according to Google's webmaster tools. Therefore the hub is not indexed by Google. What would cause this? How do I fix this?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6841523_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    WhydThatHappenposted 5 years ago

That happened to me before, and there were a couple of things I tried which helped, but first consider if it might be something not worth troubling over- it could be that the URL it tried to index was already indexed, or it was an unpublished hub, or a bug  on your page, or something of that nature.

Sometimes, that problem will go away without you having to do anything, programs have hiccups, and google bots are no different.

Another solution to try would be to resubmit your sitemap, under sitemaps on your dashboard.

And another, if you can determine which hub isn't being indexed, is to submit an RSS feed which includes the missing hub, and that often helps.

Good luck, and let us know what happens.

3. CashFlowsToo.com profile image61
    CashFlowsToo.composted 5 years ago

Honestly that is a great question.  I would love to know when you do find out.  I do know it sometimes takes a little while to index videos.  But content should show up a great deal quicker.  I don't know google's algorithm so I don't know. 

But the answer I'm certain is essential

working