jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Referral trackers, making money.

1. ramerican profile image69
    ramericanposted 5 years ago

Referral trackers, making money.

I just started using referral trackers but I am not making any money from them. I've gotten 250 traffic views and one signup even, but it looks like I'm earning even less than when I just wrote articles and posted them. Any ideas, my friends?

2. Barbara Kay profile image90
    Barbara Kayposted 5 years ago

I do a lot of this, but I am sharing them on Yahoo groups that have the same interests. I do a lot of craft hubs, so it is easy to find groups to share on. I'm getting a lot of traffic this way.

You need to find places that will actually click on the urls. Remember you are only getting 10% of the earnings, so with 250 views you'd only earn from 25 of them. The earning from 25 may be nothing.

Pinterest won't let you share anything with a referral tracker. I don't get many views from Facebook. Maybe you have more friends than I do there. If you are lucky, you might find something that will go viral at Facebook.

1. Marc Rohde profile image70
      Marc Rohdeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

If a referred site is not handled correctly on Facebook it will strip the referral code just like Pinterest.  To make a Facebook referral would you cannot allow Facebook to display the thumbnailed image or summary, it needs to be a link post.

3. aa lite profile image90
    aa liteposted 5 years ago

One thing that I've wondered about is whether you are actually supposed to earn anything extra from views of your own hubs if you use a referral tracker.  It would make sense to me that referrals would only work if you got traffic to hubs that were not your own.  You might post links to your hubs on facebook etc. and you benefit from the extra traffic, why would HubPages pay you extra if you put in a referral tracker?  On the other hand if you refer people to the hubs of others, you are doing other people and HubPages a favour, so it makes sense that you are compensated for your good deed by getting a small payment from this traffic. 

You will of course earn from getting people to join HubPages, but only if they write successful hubs.  Since it takes a while for people to start earning form HubPages, and you only earn 10% of that, it will be a while before you really benefit from that.