jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (17 posts)

What means more to you - social network sharing, HP accolades, comments, or voti

1. breathe2travel profile image81
    breathe2travelposted 5 years ago

What means more to you - social network sharing, HP accolades, comments, or voting up?

When you write a hub, which response affects you the most: comments, social network sharing, HP accolades, or voting up?

2. profile image55
    kumar24894posted 5 years ago

HP accolades. I try my best to get them.

breathe2travelposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I noticed you are relatively new to HubPages - Welcome!  I will make a point to read some of your writing. smile  I wish you much success on HP, and on earning HP accolades!

2. profile image55
      kumar24894posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hey , thanks smile

3. breathe2travel profile image81

If you're interested in what has helped me succeed on HP, visit http://breathe2travel.hubpages.com/_Hub … -Hub-Views
      I think you'll benefit!

4. profile image55
      kumar24894posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks . I'll now use the referral tracker.

3. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 5 years ago

Comments have the most effect on me, since they tell me how the readers are reacting.

The Accolades are nice, but they are somewhat inconsistent.

Voting up is always nice, but a lot of people forget to do it.

I am uncertain about the benefits of social network sharing. I have shared a few hubs on Facebook and they seem to be generating some traffic.

However, when all is said and done, it is the comments that count the most.

There you are! smileI've noticed others FB & pinterest sharing generates traffic. I.E.my banana bread recipe has been pinned almost 200 times-a jump from the 33 shares it totalled last month- &has most consistent,long time traffic of all my hubs

2. profile image0
      Larry Wallposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I have just started the sharing on FB and Pinterest, so I am not an expect. However, even if I increase my traffic, I still want to get their views.

4. Becky Katz profile image83
    Becky Katzposted 5 years ago

I like the others but I really love the comments. They let me interact with other people and find out what is good and what is not well received.

5. Ms Dee profile image87
    Ms Deeposted 5 years ago

It is hard for me to choose. I like them all because feedback and helpful suggestions are so encouraging. Particularly if something I post is found helpful to someone else that is what motivates me.

6. joanveronica profile image86
    joanveronicaposted 5 years ago

All of these factors are important to me, but for me, the comments, usually associated to voting up, are the most important. They help me feel that I'm not reaching out into space, that there are real people out there who ar reading my articles! I love the interaction this allows me.

7. iefox5 profile image56
    iefox5posted 5 years ago

I would choose social network sharing. More people would read my hub if it is shared on social networks.

8. pals002 profile image62
    pals002posted 5 years ago

I will prefer people to write comments on my hub. It means people are interested in my hub when they bother to provide their feedbacks and suggestions. HP accolades and voting up is good if I can get them and social network sharing will bring more traffic to my hub but leaving comments will let me know how the others truly respond to my hub.

9. profile image0
    Jade0215posted 5 years ago

I choose comments because I like to get feedback from what I've written. It's more encouraging to me than the accolades and up votes.

10. bridalletter profile image80
    bridalletterposted 5 years ago

I like them pretty much the order you listed them. The sharing option is key to increasing traffic and sharing with your following outside of hubpages. I feel appreciated and like the acknowledgments from the accolades. Comments just add to that community feel.

11. NC4Life078 profile image87
    NC4Life078posted 5 years ago

I know you don't have it listed, but, for me it is generating "Organic Views" (Search Engine). It is nice to know that the knowledge I have accumulated on SEO is working well for me. It is a constant learning process that reflects my work. It's not only an achievement for myself, but for all those hubs that have taught me.

The problem with Social Networking from what I have noticed, is that they read it once and put it to rest. It is very rare that they should share it. They talk about it, they "like" it, but sharing is few and far between. Once the initial surge is over so are your views.

I am relatively new to HubPages and am unaware that you can view "Ups". Nevertheless, it is rare that I dislike or don't rate a hub up. The world is interesting and there are many great writers. It is hard not to appreciate their work. Perhaps this was in referrance to the "awesome, beautiful, useful, funny, interesting" which I feel rating beautiful on "How to change your oil" doesn't help you. I have had some weird ratings on my hubs, all though I do appreciate it.

I do however enjoy the accolades. It gives you something to work for such as leaving insightful and engaging comments, or how awesome it would be to make hub of the day. It feels like your options are endless, but, I hope we all write for the joy of writing and not for some reward.

That being said, the greatest reward is reading a comment. It is nice to know that your work has inspired them, taught them or perhaps made them laugh. Even if it is a single comment, it can make your day. I love engaging comments, even ones that disagree with the topic. It offers another point of view that I may not have already seen. Constructive critisism betters you as a writer and "Seller" (Many hubs are based upon selling an "idea" so to speak).

But, in the end HubPages did a good job at making sure that you know your work is being recognized. They are all very rewarding and allows for more growth and opportunity.