What means more to you - social network sharing, HP accolades, comments, or voti

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (17 posts)
  1. breathe2travel profile image72
    breathe2travelposted 11 years ago

What means more to you - social network sharing, HP accolades, comments, or voting up?

When you write a hub, which response affects you the most: comments, social network sharing, HP accolades, or voting up?

2. profile image57
    kumar24894posted 11 years ago

HP accolades. I try my best to get them.

breathe2travelposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I noticed you are relatively new to HubPages - Welcome!  I will make a point to read some of your writing. smile  I wish you much success on HP, and on earning HP accolades!

2. profile image57
      kumar24894posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hey , thanks smile

3. breathe2travel profile image72

If you're interested in what has helped me succeed on HP, visit http://breathe2travel.hubpages.com/_Hub … -Hub-Views
      I think you'll benefit!

4. profile image57
      kumar24894posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks . I'll now use the referral tracker.

3. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 11 years ago

Comments have the most effect on me, since they tell me how the readers are reacting.

The Accolades are nice, but they are somewhat inconsistent.

Voting up is always nice, but a lot of people forget to do it.

I am uncertain about the benefits of social network sharing. I have shared a few hubs on Facebook and they seem to be generating some traffic.

However, when all is said and done, it is the comments that count the most.

There you are! smileI've noticed others FB & pinterest sharing generates traffic. I.E.my banana bread recipe has been pinned almost 200 times-a jump from the 33 shares it totalled last month- &has most consistent,long time traffic of all my hubs

2. profile image0
      Larry Wallposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have just started the sharing on FB and Pinterest, so I am not an expect. However, even if I increase my traffic, I still want to get their views.

4. Becky Katz profile image81
    Becky Katzposted 11 years ago

I like the others but I really love the comments. They let me interact with other people and find out what is good and what is not well received.

5. Ms Dee profile image87
    Ms Deeposted 11 years ago

It is hard for me to choose. I like them all because feedback and helpful suggestions are so encouraging. Particularly if something I post is found helpful to someone else that is what motivates me.

6. joanveronica profile image68
    joanveronicaposted 11 years ago

All of these factors are important to me, but for me, the comments, usually associated to voting up, are the most important. They help me feel that I'm not reaching out into space, that there are real people out there who ar reading my articles! I love the interaction this allows me.

7. iefox5 profile image58
    iefox5posted 11 years ago

I would choose social network sharing. More people would read my hub if it is shared on social networks.

8. pals002 profile image60
    pals002posted 11 years ago

I will prefer people to write comments on my hub. It means people are interested in my hub when they bother to provide their feedbacks and suggestions. HP accolades and voting up is good if I can get them and social network sharing will bring more traffic to my hub but leaving comments will let me know how the others truly respond to my hub.

9. profile image0
    Jade0215posted 11 years ago

I choose comments because I like to get feedback from what I've written. It's more encouraging to me than the accolades and up votes.

10. bridalletter profile image77
    bridalletterposted 11 years ago

I like them pretty much the order you listed them. The sharing option is key to increasing traffic and sharing with your following outside of hubpages. I feel appreciated and like the acknowledgments from the accolades. Comments just add to that community feel.

11. NC4Life078 profile image73
    NC4Life078posted 11 years ago

I know you don't have it listed, but, for me it is generating "Organic Views" (Search Engine). It is nice to know that the knowledge I have accumulated on SEO is working well for me. It is a constant learning process that reflects my work. It's not only an achievement for myself, but for all those hubs that have taught me.

The problem with Social Networking from what I have noticed, is that they read it once and put it to rest. It is very rare that they should share it. They talk about it, they "like" it, but sharing is few and far between. Once the initial surge is over so are your views.

I am relatively new to HubPages and am unaware that you can view "Ups". Nevertheless, it is rare that I dislike or don't rate a hub up. The world is interesting and there are many great writers. It is hard not to appreciate their work. Perhaps this was in referrance to the "awesome, beautiful, useful, funny, interesting" which I feel rating beautiful on "How to change your oil" doesn't help you. I have had some weird ratings on my hubs, all though I do appreciate it.

I do however enjoy the accolades. It gives you something to work for such as leaving insightful and engaging comments, or how awesome it would be to make hub of the day. It feels like your options are endless, but, I hope we all write for the joy of writing and not for some reward.

That being said, the greatest reward is reading a comment. It is nice to know that your work has inspired them, taught them or perhaps made them laugh. Even if it is a single comment, it can make your day. I love engaging comments, even ones that disagree with the topic. It offers another point of view that I may not have already seen. Constructive critisism betters you as a writer and "Seller" (Many hubs are based upon selling an "idea" so to speak).

But, in the end HubPages did a good job at making sure that you know your work is being recognized. They are all very rewarding and allows for more growth and opportunity.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)