jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Ever get the feeling Hubpages is trying to get rid of you?

1. Barnsey profile image80
    Barnseyposted 5 years ago

Ever get the feeling Hubpages is trying to get rid of you?

I have been trying to publish a hub that is very similar to the rest of my D2o hubs and at every turn I have been waylaid. Everyday I came home from work there was another reason my hub was not acceptable, every day I would do as was asked of me, expecting it to be published and now it is irrevocable!?! An entire week wasted on one basic hub!!!! Who do I complain to? This squeeking wheel is demanding some grease!

2. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

you said it was similar to other hubs - are they flagging as duplicated maybe? I don't know without actually seeing the piece, but one thing you can do with hubs or other writing you can't or don't wish to place here is place it on your own blog or website - with links to your other related hubs.  I do this to cross promote many of my websites/hubs etc.  Hope you find out what the issue is soon.

3. thranax profile image51
    thranaxposted 5 years ago

If it is too similar then it will not be accepted. They should have listed the offense and why it is Irrevocable. Without actually seeing the piece there is no way of me or anyone else telling why its not going to be published. We need to see the body copy+the top on why it says it is failing. Maybe overly promotional? Or Duplicate? Does it break one of the main Hubpages rules? We can't tell.

~thranax~

4. sparkster profile image94
    sparksterposted 5 years ago

I have never felt that Hubpages wanted to get rid of me.  In fact, the site has always made me feel very welcome.  However, I have had similar problems when trying to use quotes or information from third-party sources in my hubs.

5. sriparna profile image81
    sriparnaposted 5 years ago

Please do not get disappointed so soon, hubpages is actually a wonderful place to publish your writing. I would suggest that you find out the possible reasons why your hubs are getting unaccepted, are you sure that your hubs are not overly promotional or refuting copyright of others or repetition of any online content or violating any other hubpages rules?
    So far only one of hubs had needed evaluation before getting published, but the reasons were shown very clearly. Try to find the problem at the root and omit that, wish you good luck!

6. pagesvoice profile image85
    pagesvoiceposted 5 years ago

"No" I have never felt that HubPages wants to get rid of me. On the contrary, HP is a welcoming venue for all sorts of writers with varying skill levels. Do they hold your hand when there are issues? "No" they do not, but if you do the foot work HP will lay our what and why things have gone awry. For instance just yesterday I noticed I had 2 Hubs that had broken links in them. I didn't know where the break occurred until I clicked on "edit." Once I did that, it was as simple as one, two, three and the fix was in. HP is a fantastic place to write with wonderful and extensive tutorials and for me anyway, I am glad to be a part of it.

working