This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

If you win big in the lottery, what would you do?

1. dyesebel10 profile image71
    dyesebel10posted 8 years ago

First of all, be quiet (LOL), take a deep breath and think.. I will consult a financial advisor, pay off my debts, share my blessings with my relatives and closest friends.. invest, travel, give something to church/charity, build school, orphanage, scholarship, etc.

2. gary777g profile image70
    gary777gposted 8 years ago

I would try to establish residency in Florida or some state with less taxes before I collect.  Then pay off debts of my own and family and friends.  Then invest.  I would buy real estate.

3. rmcrayne profile image96
    rmcrayneposted 8 years ago

Someone else did this thread recently.  Among other things, I would see to it that my relatives had healthcare coverage.

1. Stimp profile image74
      Stimpposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Will you adopt me....I need healthcare coverage smile

4. Black Lilly profile image60
    Black Lillyposted 8 years ago

I would invest part in real estate in various countries and part in 4-5 different businesses, which would hopefully develop into something significant.
    And then buy myself an island in the Carribean big_smile

5. flread45 profile image78
    flread45posted 8 years ago

I would help feed the homeless that the big rich b------s put on the streets through their greed.

6. Lady_E profile image75
    Lady_Eposted 8 years ago

10% to church. Pay off debts, my Mortgage, treat family. Send money to friends who need it anonymously, only to reveal to them a few months later that it was me.

Set up a centre for kids to learn how to dance/or just to stage dances amongst other things - preparing them for competitions.

Hire a Life Coach -  to work with me twice a month so I don't end up bankrupt 3 years after winning the lottery as most people do.

Go on holiday to America, Dubai, Seychelles, India with a friend, while I work out where to invest some money.

Oh! its so hard spending money. smile

7. Stimp profile image74
    Stimpposted 8 years ago

Like everyone else....pay off debts, set up my parents for life.  Then, I would donate my current hobby farm to someone in need.  I would build a horse rehab facility complete with a swimming pool for exercising.  This facility would have the finest rehab vets, consultants, and massage therapists.

And there'd be a dolphin tank.  I don't know why.  Just thought it would be cool to have an underground riding arena where you could see dolphins swimming about. smile

working