jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Do you spend more time Writing or Promoting your hubs?

1. internpete profile image90
    internpeteposted 5 years ago

Do you spend more time Writing or Promoting your hubs?

If it takes you an hour to write a hub, do you spend as much time promoting it? Or do you spend more/less? What do you do to promote your hubs?

2. noosepaper profile image75
    noosepaperposted 5 years ago

I definitely spend more time writing/researching my hubs than i do promoting  I only spend a few minutes promoting my hub. I add it to StumbleUpon, Digg, and Reddit. I may share it on Facebook if I think my friends will find it interesting. I used to do a lot more back linking an found that it wasn't worth my time. Ive found traffic to come from the sources I use now, and that's why I only use them.

3. chwwalker profile image72
    chwwalkerposted 5 years ago

I don't spend as much time doing either as I should, but I do spend more time brainstorming ideas, outlining, researching, and writing hubs than I do promoting them. Hubs need time to age online before they start attracting lots of traffic anyway, so I use Facebook, Twitter, and StumbleUpon just to create the first couple backlinks.

4. Anonymous00 profile image71
    Anonymous00posted 5 years ago

I myself have recently become a bit sceptical when it comes to social bookmarking sites like Digg and StumbleUpon.  Apparently Adsense TOS seem to dictate that 'driving traffic' to your website violates the policies. So I personally tend to spend more time writing quality over quantity and I figure the traffic will take care of itself with the more articles published. If the quality is evident and the posts are plentiful, I assume this will attract traffic to the links on its own. Maybe someone can elaborate? There does seem to be conflicting information stating Adsense does allow these services. I stay away from social bookmarks currently but if it is indeed allowed than all the power to this method, and it will most certainly be something I will look further into. Best of luck.

1. internpete profile image90
      internpeteposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I had not heard of this, but it sounds strange. I, and everyone I know on Hubpages, use social media websites like twitter/facebook/google+ to create backlinks and bring in visitors. So, I am guessing google means something else by this.

2. Anonymous00 profile image71
      Anonymous00posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you 'internpete' In light of this I will now most definitely be initiating an account. Much appreciated smile

5. Daniella Lopez profile image95
    Daniella Lopezposted 5 years ago

I spend about two hours to research/write a complete hub. I spend a little less time promoting my hub, probably about 30 minutes total, if that much. I use Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and Google + to promote my hubs. Hope that helps you. smile

6. iefox5 profile image57
    iefox5posted 5 years ago

I always believe content is first and promoting comes second. So I spend more time on hub writing.

7. KristenN4Boys profile image68
    KristenN4Boysposted 5 years ago

Newbie here.. I spend more time writing my Hubs, because that's the main reason I am here. I work full time in construction management, but my passion is writing so this is my creative outlet. It feeds my soul.
    Granted, I hope to touch people with my writing, so promoting so more people can see my work is important, but not at the top of my list at this point.

8. Amy Becherer profile image73
    Amy Bechererposted 5 years ago

I spend all of my time, regarding creativity, writing.  I am woefully neglectful in promoting.   I give my all to providing poetry worth the reader's time.  Although, I recognize the value in a balance, the main force of my energy reflects my belief that without a meaninful product, time spent on promotion is self-defeating and a waste of time better spent.

working