jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Lost all my traffic?

1. jacobspage profile image75
    jacobspageposted 5 years ago

Lost all my traffic?

I have been consistently getting hundreds of views a day, but yesterday my traffic went down to almost nothing. Has this happened to anybody? Im not sure what my next step should be.

2. Doodlehead profile image79
    Doodleheadposted 5 years ago

Mine did that.  Then I wrote a few more hubs and it is back.  I do not know why it dropped to zero.   I figured it would stay at zero.

I must confess I did work on my keywords a little, but I know very little about SEO so I am guessing this was not the whole story.l

It is the weekend combined with the biggest vacation month of the year and it is super hot in many parts of the country.  Could all of this contribute?

jacobspageposted 5 years agoin reply to this

My traffic usually goes up and down a little on weekends and holidays, but not to the extreme its at now. Today I would be lucky to get one tenth of my average daily views last month.

3. Au fait profile image94
    Au faitposted 5 years ago

Apparently they're messing with Panda again.  My views are down by 50% the last 4 days or so, about the time they released another portion of the Panda program.

Some people are experiencing just the opposite.  Back in June when they released a part of Panda, my views jumped by over 60%, but it only lasted a few days.  It leveled off at about double from what it started at before the Panda release.  While I and some other people reported a huge jump, people who were accustomed to several thousand views a day reported losing as much as 80% of their views.

After the initial spike and leveling off, mine stayed pretty level until a few days ago.  It really seems to have more to do with them releasing more parts of Panda than anything else.  Tweaking doesn't seem to make any difference.  I haven't tweaked and my views are all over the place.  Only the last few days that they've really tanked.

jacobspageposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I just started a few months ago so I havent really had any crazy traffic spikes untill now. I have taken so many different SEO approaches to my articles to see what works best and they all are down, so tweaking prop wont help my problem either.

4. profile image0
    twinlyposted 5 years ago

I was exactly like you, I was getting hundreds of views daily. Now I am down to a pathetic 1 or 2 views a day!

The only thing I can figure is the new Google updates got me for focusing on keyword density.

The only reason i evened used density, was to get more matching relevant ads for Adsense.

What I am currently doing to fix my mess, is rewriting every Hub. It took me about 3 stinking weeks. I think after i am all finished, I am going to resubmit them in webmaster tools.

I have not seen any improvement yet.

5. profile image0
    ghiblipgposted 5 years ago

That's bad to hear that. I am wondering what have you done "differently" that caused the Panda to hit you? Did you ever find out?