How to make $500/month with Google adsense?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (34 posts)
  1. taviasylum profile image59
    taviasylumposted 12 years ago

What are the ways in which one can make $500 from adsense?

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've done the math.  I've only got 725,761,319 hubs to go.

1. Glenn Stok profile image96
        Glenn Stokposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's not linear. Once you get past more than 50 Hubs it starts growing with geometric progression. But two Hubs isn't going to get you anywhere. Keep writing quality hubs and you'll get there. Work at it. It won't happen by itself.

1. Garrett Mickley profile image78
          Garrett Mickleyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Any reason why the magic number is 50?

2. RedElf profile image88
        RedElfposted 12 years agoin reply to this

cool

2. againsttheodds profile image60
    againsttheoddsposted 12 years ago

Writing more than 2 hubs will help.

1. taviasylum profile image59
      taviasylumposted 12 years agoin reply to this

2 hubs a day or week?

2 hubs a week would be great.  2 hubs a day would be greater.  Google loves fresh content.

2. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This!

3. Infiniteresearch profile image69
      Infiniteresearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm pretty new at this as well, but it's easy to see that you want quantity, while keeping quality. Looks to me like it would take several hundred Hubs to begin making some money. I've also started posting my links around on different sites and the seems to help. My plan is to just keep learning from those that are successful and try to be as prolific as possible. Good Luck

3. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 12 years ago

The only way is traffic.  Look at your ecpm and multiply it out. That's what you will need.

4. makeupgirl profile image60
    makeupgirlposted 12 years ago

The best way is to get good traffic and using strong keywords.

5. Dale Nelson profile image38
    Dale Nelsonposted 12 years ago

Read the hubs by sunforged on how to make money on hubpages.

Probaly the best ones Ive read to date.

No offence to anyone, but some really great direction for newbies there.

1. Pcunix profile image91
      Pcunixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't know.  Has he updated them to reflect the situation post-Panda?

There is a LOT of advice out there that doesn't apply now.

I used to make around $1,000 a month, with $700-$800 coming from Adsense.  That's been cut drastically after Panda.  '

I'm sure some of SF's advice is still very good, but it may need updating.  I've been slowly combing through my old stuff, looking for things that need adjustment in light of our new world, and SF may very well have done the same, but my point is that it has to be done, so you need to take everything by anyone with a healthy does of skepticism.

1. Dale Nelson profile image38
        Dale Nelsonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yep. That makes sense.

1. Pcunix profile image91
          Pcunixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ayup.   I wish he'd notice this and let people know if he has updated or at least looked them over - they may not need any updating at all for all I know.

1. sunforged profile image71
            sunforgedposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Google alerts dont seem to pick up hub forums as quick as they use to..

I cant be sure which hubs are really "how to hubs"

It was rare that I made hubs that were specific to just hubpages although often the hubpage format was used to illustrate a concept that could be used anywhere on the web.

I would guess the reference would be to the 60dc series, primarily the series focused on revisiting and tweaking hubs, focusing on quality and attempting to network with other writers for editorial support ..

I think the series is more about marketing techniques and introduces external resources like blogger/twitter etc then it is about any specific hub practices or seo techniques that may have lost effectiveness post-panda.

All the keyword and branding info is evergreen, the formatting tips, evergreen, on page seo - in my case evergreen as I just showed how to translate respected resources like seomoz in relation to the hub format (hubpages tags are not meta-tags, capsule headers are h2, etc)

http://sunforged.hubpages.com/hub/How-t … ing-online

If this was the series referenced ... the only Post-Panda revisions i would make would involve the introduction to other "adsense sharing' sites that used to be viable sources of some adsense earnings and a means to access other traffic funnels , most of the sites mentioned were damaged by Panda and likely no longer worth any effort ... but they were only intended as examples that would be easily accessible to hub users, the comments in most of my older hubs will have mention of such things by myself and visitors.

What did Panda really change? Really, it just seemed to have strictly and quickly enforced what google had claimed previously to care about.... and the ability of poor content (by google metrics) to drag a whole site/subdomain down

I always suggested that one should work smarter and better then their comp - and that included being smart about user interaction, attractive design and making sure that content matched the promise of a title.

You know, now that i thought about it .. i dont really have any "how to hub" hubs!  ... i have "how to write and market online" hubs

i always tried to reference leading experts/sites in that series external to my own experiments,so i would hope the series will still be a viable intro and a means to suggest different ways of thinking/designing when making the transition to "online" publisher

"What did Panda really change? Really, it just seemed to have strictly and quickly enforced what google had claimed previously to care about."

I can't stress this enough.

I've got the same marketing plan as I had before panda and I've had nothing but growth since I started here.

2. freelanceauthor profile image60
              freelanceauthorposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nice post, very informative and useful

6. profile image0
    sord87posted 12 years ago

I collected a google adsense cheque 2 times within 2 years,I am still looking forward the best person to teach me how to get 500 dollar a month through google adsense,i think you might be the right person to teach me!Your posting inspire me to LOL on Hubpages

7. LeanMan profile image79
    LeanManposted 12 years ago

Perseverance and hard work - who said making money on the internet was easy?? Its the same as any other "JOB", the harder you work at at the better you will do!

1. David 470 profile image79
      David 470posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes. I spent months of time where I barelly made anything. Now I am finally making several hundred of month, athough it's hard to determine what I will make exactly.

I would suggest he learns SEO and writes a lot of articles or creates a website.

8. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 12 years ago

Jeeeeez.  Three Hubs published, and you have the nerve to ask this question?  Could you possibly be putting the bucks before the writing???  The last time you asked, it was all about making $100.  Good luck, Bud.

9. Rachelle Williams profile image91
    Rachelle Williamsposted 12 years ago

Check out some of the hubs by Susana S., she is great as well.  Also, there is a reason people here keep advising you to write, write, write, and pay attention to SEO.

10. whoisbid profile image60
    whoisbidposted 12 years ago

you have to chose topics with high CPM. I made a Hub about it if anyone is interested. You will see which topics pay from my list

11. gongqunfei profile image61
    gongqunfeiposted 12 years ago

selected niche,
    targeted audience
    quality contents
    active interaction
    plus traffic tactics
    then money should come on its way
    money doesn't rest, do we?
    http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5910384_f248.jpg

1. calico Stark profile image59
      calico Starkposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Love the visual!

12. erniesliter profile image62
    erniesliterposted 12 years ago

Quality and quantity is both important. One Hub with tons of traffic is better than tons of hubs with no traffic.

13. David 470 profile image79
    David 470posted 12 years ago

Get articles that get 100-5000 views per day. Yes, this is possible. However, many articles that generate 1000s of views are either rare or will only remain at that level temporarily.

CPM needs to be 2.50+ "ideally. If your CPM is lower you can still make money, but you will need more traffic to compensate.

Find specific topics that are highly searched, and if possible, are low competetion. Losing weight topics get highly searched, but that niche is very competetive.

My suggestion to you is to "work hard", but make sure the work you are putting in is worth it. You may have to experiement like I did in 2010. I worked a lot on articles, but did not make much because my SEO was bad etc...

14. barryrutherford profile image75
    barryrutherfordposted 12 years ago

I have written a hub on how i tripled my earnings in 2010

15. Midasfx profile image67
    Midasfxposted 12 years ago

Last December vs this December my earnings have dropped about 98% mostly due to the panda update. Hubs that included product reviews and alike greatly suffered in traffic this year.

16. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

Create hubs with pictures of sexy popular woman doing sexy sexy things

1. David 470 profile image79
      David 470posted 12 years agoin reply to this

LOL I have seen a lot of those on HubPages!!

17. Axaflaxar profile image41
    Axaflaxarposted 12 years ago

Personally, I think if you have good quaility content and provide a lot of info fo rthe user this is the way to go.  When you write a hub or blog page ask yourself,"How does this best help the user" I think Google wants you two provide an experience that is most beneficial for the user.  This is your "give" your earnings is the "take". Just my 2 cents.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)