jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)

Can I write a hub that helps promote a survey site that has a referral link from

1. missa72542 profile image94
    missa72542posted 5 years ago

Can I write a hub that helps promote a survey site that has a referral link from me?

What I mean is: I am part of a survey site where I can answer a certain amount of surveys everyday, and if I refer people I can get a bonus from them signing up as well as a little bit from every survey they complete too. Can I write a hub about this site and post a link to my referral link? Or would this conflict with any of the rules of hubpages?

2. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

Referral links are probably considered the same as affiliate links and therefore would not be allowed.

1. missa72542 profile image94
      missa72542posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you. As you can probably see i'm a newbie to the site and I wasn't sure. There is so much information on this site as well, its hard to navigate it to find a direct answer, so thank you.

3. profile image0
    tigresosalposted 5 years ago

Agree with Christin S.
    even if for some reason, your hub gets published (its difficult to mislead the automated review though), sooner they become unpublished. I have faced this several times, not for the affiliate link alone, but for many other mistakes including unaccepted ads triggered from your key words on ebays too.

4. kschang profile image88
    kschangposted 5 years ago

Not allowed. You CANNOT post affiliate links here on HP in ANY hub.

5. Tyler Bracken profile image82
    Tyler Brackenposted 5 years ago

You could have your hub link pointing to a page on say, squidoo, and have that pointing to your link.

6. profile image0
    whowasposted 5 years ago

Hi missa72542,

I know you must be disappointed as there is nothing wrong with wanting to promote any legitimate business activity that you might be involved in but that wouldn't be acceptable on Hubpages.

It's a site for self-publishing rather than self-promotion in that sense.

However, with the correct approach and plenty of determination to sow now and reap later, I understand that a great deal can legitimately be achieved through social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Stumbleupon and so on.

You might also try eBlogger or a free Wordpress platform to set up a simple content site with your links on. You could then use these means to direct traffic to that.

You are setting out on a hard, hard road to earn an income, taking the affiliate route. It can and does work for some but be prepared for it to take a lot of time and even more hard work up a very steep learning curve.

Thank you for asking this before doing it. So many don't and then wonder why their work is rejected here. There is a lot to learn but I assure you it is worth the effort as the rewards can be considerable.

Good luck!

7. molometer profile image85
    molometerposted 5 years ago

As long as you explain clearly what the deal is, in terms of what you would benefit from them clicking on the referral link. And what they would benefit from clicking on the link.
    Then it may be okay.
    If however the referral link only has benefits for you, then that may be a different story. 
    This question would be better posted in the forums where hub team members could give you a definitive answer.
    Hope this helps.

8. WD Curry 111 profile image61
    WD Curry 111posted 5 years ago

I'm sorry, that kind of stuff is too spammy.

9. profile image0
    Sooner28posted 5 years ago

I'd e-mail the official hub moderators.  I've done it when I had an issue, and they are very helpful.

10. Highvoltagewriter profile image82
    Highvoltagewriterposted 5 years ago

However, there is always ways around this, for you can, as many have, write a hub about another site and then have your referral link in that hub. The important thing is not to over do it, there are many other sites that encourage self-promotion. One that is very good for this RedGauge. You can promote more freely there and also it is a great place to promote your other writings and artwork from as many sites as you wish! In fact, in time, you can make money from downloading links and such. 

Also, in your profile you can freely promote other sites. It is important to understand that this site (HubPages) is about publishing original work, not promotion of other sites. Proceed with caution!