jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (13 posts)

How long does it take for an average Hubber to reach first payment?

1. Steve Orion profile image78
    Steve Orionposted 5 years ago

How long does it take for an average Hubber to reach first payment?

In your personal experience or best guess. I also know it depends heavily on quality, quantity, substance, SEO, and topics and all that.

2. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

I don't think anyone knows the average. It was two months from my experience.

3. mathewsfacts profile image46
    mathewsfactsposted 5 years ago

it wil take 6 months to get an google  adsense approval .after that use your skill in writing then you will start a good amount of money

1. Rebecca2904 profile image78
      Rebecca2904posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Why does it take six months to get google adsense approval? I think that might be dependent on where you come from, for me it only took a couple of days.

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image99
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago

It took me over a year to get mine.  I was doing the adsense ads, which was all that we had here then...besides amazon.com, and the ebay ads that ONLY the early on folks could have.

It took me about a year and a half to ever sell a single thing with Amazon.com....

I had no idea what I was doing....

There can be no real or overly accurate answer to this, unless the staff here decided to answer it from running through the data.

5. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

Do you mean until you reach the threshold of $50 dollars? Or until you start seeing earnings?

1. Steve Orion profile image78
      Steve Orionposted 5 years agoin reply to this

First payment, ie. you are paid when you reach $50.

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 5 years agoin reply to this

In that case, I've been writing for 4 months and I'm very close. Just not quite there. Hopefully by the end of this month.

6. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 5 years ago

According to self-reported statistics from other users in some polls I've maintained for the past four years, the average time to a first payout appears to be somewhere between nine and eighteen months for most site members.

http://relache.hubpages.com/hub/Improve … b-Earnings

7. Georgie Lowery profile image95
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

I agree with relache, I've read that it takes about nine months for most people who are going at it at least part time. I worked HP hard when I first started, and I made payout two months and two weeks after I published my first Hub.

8. somethgblue profile image87
    somethgblueposted 5 years ago

I believe it was somewhere around eight months and 22,000 page views for me however I only do it part time.

I would say if someone was serious about it and had some experience writing content on the web with good google adsense knowledge, SEO savvy and booku back-links they should be able to get it done in three months, and don't forget RSS feeds . . .

9. spartucusjones profile image95
    spartucusjonesposted 5 years ago

It took me three months, but that was because of being in the apprentice program I get paid for each hub. Without the per hub bonus I would be just a bit short of my first paid out. I have been a member for five months, but most of my earnings have been over the past couple of months.

10. profile image0
    danielabramposted 5 years ago

I have been hubbing for 2 weeks and reached $6. The payout comes when you reach $50.

working