jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Have you started hub hopping again?

1. Rob Winters profile image86
    Rob Wintersposted 5 years ago

Have you started hub hopping again?

I used to hub hop quite frequently.Then along came the new hub hopper and that was the end of that.I just noticed you can now access the old or 'classic' hub hopper again so i've been hopping again for the first time in ages.I noticed the 'flag' option does not seem to be available any more which seems odd.

2. Mazzy Bolero profile image79
    Mazzy Boleroposted 5 years ago

I tried it but I didn't feel comfortable with the rating system. The criteria given are fine for a standard informational hub but on this site you have many hubs which are outside the standard model, for instance fiction, poetry and humor. (Or will these be excluded from the hopper?)  Informational hubs may be Hub Pages' bread and butter but setting a specific standard is a bit like contructing a protean bed for hubs. For non Greek myth followers, Proteus was the chap who invited Ulysses' men for the night and gave them excellent beds, but if they were too short for the bed, he stretched them on the rack and if they were too tall, he chopped their legs off.

In general, the guiding criteria are helpful, but as many have said, judgement is subjective. I was not quite sure whether certain things should lead me to give a lower grade, or whether they were not covered by the given criteria.  At the end of the day, it used to be enjoyable but now it's more like work and I don't want the onus on me of potentially harming another hubber's results.

Rob Wintersposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Great Answer Mazzy.Love the Greek analogy too :-)

3. backporchstories profile image80
    backporchstoriesposted 5 years ago

Thank you for sharing!  I miss the old hub hopping, but I just checked it out and yes yes, yes,.....we can hub hop the old way!  Love it!

Your most welcome,Yep definitely glad to see it back. I found the 'flag' button btw.It's over at the top right hand side of the page now.

4. profile image0
    danielabramposted 5 years ago

I stopped hub hopping because the new way to rate hubs was too complicated and defeated the enjoyment of reading numerous hubs.

Totally agree with you Daniel.

working