jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

What percentage of your traffic comes from Hubpages?

1. smeyerz profile image61
    smeyerzposted 5 years ago

What percentage of your traffic comes from Hubpages?

According to Hubpages, I have 612 views total (from the traffic sources page) and 520 are from Hubpages, making 85% of my traffic from Hubpages...that is pretty bad. HOWEVER, for my total views on the statistics page, I have around 700 views, so where did those views come from? I know a couple came from yahoo and bing, (under 5) due to google analytics.

But yeah, share how dependent your views are on Hubpages!

2. WorkAtHomeMums profile image87
    WorkAtHomeMumsposted 5 years ago

Only probably 1% if that is from hubpages. Mine is search engine predominantely and pinterest.

3. Georgie Lowery profile image95
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

I've got 26,451 total views and 3393 are from Hubpages. I also suck at math. wink

1. WryLilt profile image92
      WryLiltposted 5 years agoin reply to this

12.82% smile

2. Georgie Lowery profile image95
      Georgie Loweryposted 5 years agoin reply to this

WryLit, there you go being awesome. Thank you! smile

4. WryLilt profile image92
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

Out of my total views for all time, I calculated Hubpages views at 3.8% of my total views.

5. Mandy M S profile image90
    Mandy M Sposted 5 years ago

One of the reasons you have the majority of your views are from HubPages is because you are new. I've been here 6 weeks, and 507 of my 1741 are hubpages, so a little less than 1/4.  However, the percentage of hubpages goes down all the time.  I imagine when i've been here a year the percentage from hubpages will be even less.

6. Sherry Hewins profile image97
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

You've only been here 11 days. To have 85% of your views from Hubpages is totally normal at this point.

7. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago

While your Hubs are so new, the vast majority of your traffic will come from within HubPages - especially if you're being active in the forums and in visiting and commenting on other Hubbers' Hubs.

It takes time (sometimes months) for Google to like your Hubs well enough to rank them in search engine results.  Then you'll start seeing more traffic from outside HP.  You won't make much money until at least 80% of your traffic is coming from outside HP

working